1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronicles Of Riddick

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Miyazaki, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Watched this the other day and I don't think it is as bad as all the reviews are saying. I loved 'Pitch Black' and if you did and you can get past the first 15 to 20 minutes of dialogue (read diarrhoea) then it is a really good action film, with stunning special effects (if derivitive costumes). Definately worth seeing at least once! I'd give it a 6 or 7/10, should be a 10/10, but the storyline is abysmal, and the dialogue sounds like it was written by a 5 year old.

Sort of like a cross between 'Dune' and 'Troy' (in the way that the costumes look like an ancient Greek uniform, also a lot of the sets look ancient Greek).

I have also seen the 'Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury' cartoon 'bridge' between the films, directed by Peter Chung. Quite disappointing to be honest. The animation is way below the level of say, the 'Animatrix' and the CGI isn't great either. But the story is reasonably satisfactory to explain what happened to 'Riddick', the 'Imam' and 'Jack' after 'Pitch Black' and before 'Chronicles', but at only 30 minutes leaves quite a bit wanting. 6.5/10

I'd recommend both of these to lovers of 'Pitch Black', but if you haven't seen the first one, or didn't like it, it probably isn't your bag and not worth watching.