Chronicles of Riddick Playback Issue

K

Kolskegg

I have a new Panasonic DMP-BD80 Blu-Ray Player. It's played more than 50 movies without a problem. However, it can't play "The Chronicles of Riddick" without displaying large persistent titles in the bottom right of the screen. The movie is therefore unwatchable. I tried it with another copy but it was the same.

I currently don't have the option of testing the disks on another player.

Anyone have any advice?

K

Kolskegg

Thanks.

Panasonic said to upgrade the firmware so I'll try that (but not until I'm desperate to see the movie, as I'm a little wary of the process).

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Updating the firmware is as easy as plugging the unit into your router via an ethernet cable and choosing 'update' from the players menu. I've done it twice on my Sont and other than it taking a while it's easy.

brian s

Distinguished Member
Updating the firmware is as easy as plugging the unit into your router via an ethernet cable and choosing 'update' from the players menu. I've done it twice on my Sont and other than it taking a while it's easy.

Are Panasonic good with their firmware updates? With Sony's PS3 I found them to very good but less so with Toshiba on their HD DVD firmware "improvements"

Bri

Eddiep1

Standard Member
Hi all. Been trawling through Google with this issue and this thread popped up. I have a Panasonic DMR-BW850 and have that logo appearing. I've found that if you access 'U-Control' during the film "Red button" then choose "Chronicles Compendium", then exit, the logo disappears.

I do have the latest updates for my player and if it's of any use, I'm in Australia and buy my movies from the UK.

Not an ideal solution but I hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom