Chromecast with google tv - update removed dolby vision!

ThrashMetal85

Standard Member
A new update was released for chromecast with google tv yesterday. It updated to a december security patch and that's about all that was known about it.

Last night going into Netflix though every movie that previously was labelled as dolby vision now only shows atmos and hdr?

My TV will usually identify dolby vision when chromecast switches on but no more. Anyone else got one and completed the update?

knoxdon

Novice Member
A new update was released for chromecast with google tv yesterday. It updated to a december security patch and that's about all that was known about it.

Last night going into Netflix though every movie that previously was labelled as dolby vision now only shows atmos and hdr?

My TV will usually identify dolby vision when chromecast switches on but no more. Anyone else got one and completed the update?
I have the same issue. Did you find a fix?

StardustOne

I just found out today, the same happened to my Google TV, I can select Dolby Vision in the Menu, but the Google TV with this new update from May 2021 is not compatible anymore with 4K and Dolby Vision. it only supports Dolby Vision in 1080p and this makes this device useless to me. My LG 4K TV from 2016 can play Dolby Vision in 4K. I can change the resolution on the Google TV to 4K60, nut then I only get HDR. Since these things do not get resolved (defect was unnoticed by me for months and I am pretty sure every Google TV device has this problem), I have now to find an alternative to the Google TV. I think it is time to get the Amazon Fire TV Cube.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom