Chromecast not working on Yamaha receiver

tvbcristt

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I have a Chromecast gen3 (last version before the one with google TV) that always worked well attached to an hdmi of my TV Samsung 4k. But I wanted to test it by connecting directly to my Yamaha RX-V6A. Thing is I get a black screen and no sound! The receiver seems like it's sensing it because the name of the hdmi is switching to Chromecast on the Yamaha display, but yet I can't see nothing. On the phone I see the Chromcast so it's powered (I tried both using it's power outlet and the USB powered of the TV, where it's always been connected), I can also cast something from youtube and the video is going, but can't see nor hear. The TV source is set to the Yamaha receiver of course.
I tried different hdmi ports on the Yamaha without success.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Some of those "8k" receivers have a 4K and 8K mode (4k120hz/8k60hz), is it on the 4K mode ?

Also the chromecast has an always on HDMI-CEC mode that was known to cause some issues, but the only way to stop this was to use a HDMI-CEC less adapter, I'm guessing you dont want CEC off on the Yamaha.

Upvote 0
Some of those "8k" receivers have a 4K and 8K mode (4k120hz/8k60hz), is it on the 4K mode ?

Also the chromecast has an always on HDMI-CEC mode that was known to cause some issues, but the only way to stop this was to use a HDMI-CEC less adapter, I'm guessing you dont want CEC off on the Yamaha.
thanks for the reply. the receiver is in 4k mode. yes CEC mode on the Yamaha is gonna stay on...🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
had the same issue with my Chromecast TV 4K connected to a Yamaha RX-V781. Solution: Cleaned the HDMI-Ports with a Contact Spray and use a new HDMI 2.1 cable. Now it works !

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom