• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Chromecast help needed

Keithhampson

Established Member
Hi, I am wanting to stream hd 1080p movies from my phone to my tv, I was thinking about getting chromecast (my tv has miracast but playback skips/jutters) can the new chromecast do this without picture stutter, also my daughter likes to play games on her phone, can this be cast using chromecast? When she users Normal miracast we get a lag every few seconds.

I sometimes stream movies online to, these in the past skipped every few seconds , if I stream online will it go to my phone, then to the chromecast or will it stream straight to the chromecast direct? Sorry I don't understand it all, I am using a galaxy pro 10.1 tablet and a Sony xperia z ultra

Any help or advice before I buy. Thank you

cmdrmarc

Distinguished Member
The Chromecast skips past the device and gets the content direct from your WIFI source, hence why only certain apps will support it.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom