Chromecast Audio still a good choice?

gingerninja72

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As per title really. Plenty still about - does it still work as I remember & is still supported? Thinking of getting one as a cheap option for a mini amp I've just got, as a better quality Bluetooth alternative for Spotify, and to be able to stream BBC Sounds

still works better than most, especially over wifi...since i have struggling with sonos speakers to work properly over wifi, cca works without problems ( and it has 5g wifi though, hello sonos, it's 21st century)...

you can use anything you like: tunein, all streaming services apps, almost all music players apps are compatible with cca, for playing music from pc or NAS you can use something like mconnect or bubble upnp...very versatile device, you can't go wrong...

and prices went up since it is no longer in production...

Cool, that's what I wanted to hear. Had one a few years ago & loved it, just wanted to check it still worked after being discontinued! Err, anyone got a spare they want to sell 😬

I guess you've probably already bought one by now but hell yes a CCA is still a good choice.

Mine have had a new lease of life as players for LMS (Logitech Media Server) using the Chromecast bridge plugin which means flawless playback of my FLAC music with gapless playback. I've done quite a lot of side by side listening between a proper squeezebox touch and a CCA connected via optical and the CCA sounds just as good to me

I guess you've probably already bought one by now but hell yes a CCA is still a good choice.

Mine have had a new lease of life as players for LMS (Logitech Media Server) using the Chromecast bridge plugin which means flawless playback of my FLAC music with gapless playback. I've done quite a lot of side by side listening between a proper squeezebox touch and a CCA connected via optical and the CCA sounds just as good to me
Good to know it sounds as good as a touch. Just started giving my two a new lease of life as LMS endpoints.

You can also use them wired ethernet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom