1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answered Chromecast Audio over Internal DAC Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by TomMcNally, Dec 4, 2016.

1. TomMcNally

TomMcNally
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I have a Cambridge CXA60 and I have since been using a Cambridge Audio BT100 adapter to stream music from my Google Pixel to my speaks (monitor audio floor standers). But I have recently become interested in the chromecast audio due to its wireless streaming as opposed to using bluetooth. I was wondering if it would effect the sound quality at all or even make it better? My main reason for wanting one is ease of use, instead of turning on bluetooth and pairing devices I can simply toggle cast to chromecast audio.

Thanks for your help guys:)

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by larkone, Dec 4, 2016 (1 points)
  3. larkone

larkone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +508
    Best Answer
    The Pixel does not appear to support Apt-X so you will only be using the low grade A2DP codec designed for connecting phones to car systems for telephone calls etc. A Chromecast will be better and can be made better still by connecting using optical into your amp and using the amp's DAC rather than the CCA's internal DAC. Cheap at £20 as well Google Chromecast Audio | Maplin

Though at the end of the day it will also depend on the quality of what you are trying to stream. MP3s will always be poor, even at 320kbps, compared to a flac rip of a CD (1141kbps - do the maths on the difference).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  4. TomMcNally

TomMcNally
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot mats, I think I'll get one and use a mini optical cable to plug it into my amp. With regards to MP3 being low quality, I play a lot of LPs so I kinda enjoy music streaming like Spotify just for casual listening.