Chromecast audio broken what next

This for me is what I'm waiting on, will a WXAD-10 offer me the new lossless streams from Spotify. If not, it's pointless me changing my CCA to the WXAD-10 for now anyway.

I’m still waiting on real info about this supposed jump to cd quality.

Until there’s a serious date mentioned I’m not holding my breath; it should have been at least an option two years ago.

However, I don’t see any reason why the WXAD-10 won’t stream the new Spotify service.

It’s perfectly capable of rendering Flac 24/192 and even uncompressed WAV at 24/192, so Spotifys new service won’t even begin to trouble the dac or the processor.

I’m still waiting on real info about this supposed jump to cd quality.

Until there’s a serious date mentioned I’m not holding my breath; it should have been at least an option two years ago.

However, I don’t see any reason why the WXAD-10 won’t stream the new Spotify service.

It’s perfectly capable of rendering Flac 24/192 and even uncompressed WAV at 24/192, so Spotifys new service won’t even begin to trouble the dac or the processor.

Yeah agree, i bet they have lost a lot of customers because of a lot or marketing from others, so they now need it.

If I use an External DAC with the CCA vs the WXAD-10, is is still worth getting the WXAD-10

Yeah agree, i bet they have lost a lot of customers because of a lot or marketing from others, so they now need it.

If I use an External DAC with the CCA vs the WXAD-10, is is still worth getting the WXAD-10

I would say no. The CCA is then simply performing as a digital source.

So the real work is done by the dac. A good quality dac will be at least as good as the Yamaha and more useful (if you need any further digital inputs.

However that’s assuming the CCA can play the new Spotify service when it arrives. It isn’t supported anymore by google so if it can’t it won’t ever be able to do so.

I’m not sure if you’re using the dac in the Arcam 390 for the CCA or the R-dac. But I would not expect either to be inferior to the one in the WXDA-50.

Having said that, the dac in the Yamaha is very much up to scratch and Yamaha claim to have taken pains to make the best of it and the analogue audio out.

And Yamaha have immense experience with audio so it is a great streamer.

But... it wouldn’t make sense to spend more money if the CCA does end up being able to stream, via its optical output, the full fat cd quality stream from Spotify.

I would say no. The CCA is then simply performing as a digital source.

So the real work is done by the dac. A good quality dac will be at least as good as the Yamaha and more useful (if you need any further digital inputs.

However that’s assuming the CCA can play the new Spotify service when it arrives. It isn’t supported anymore by google so if it can’t it won’t ever be able to do so.

I’m not sure if you’re using the dac in the Arcam 390 for the CCA or the R-dac. But I would not expect either to be inferior to the one in the WXDA-50.

Having said that, the dac in the Yamaha is very much up to scratch and Yamaha claim to have taken pains to make the best of it and the analogue audio out.

And Yamaha have immense experience with audio so it is a great streamer.

But... it wouldn’t make sense to spend more money if the CCA does end up being able to stream, via its optical output, the full fat cd quality stream from Spotify.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts, I'm using the RDac RCA cables rather that optical.

Sounds really good to be honest, I tried the CCA + RDac vs a Blusound Node2i. The Rdac sounded much better IMO.

I'll stick to it and see what happens when Lossless comes 👍🏻

A bit late to this conversation but I was in the same boat as the OP, before I decided to go the Pi route I checked this out the AudioEngine B-Fi It seems like its trying to hit exactly that point in the market and might be a good solution for anyone who does not want to go the DIY path

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom