Chrome won't save a username and password

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by arminvanbuuren, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. arminvanbuuren

arminvanbuuren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I try to login in to gmail but every time I have to enter the username and password manually, chrome doesn't offer me the option to remember the password. I have read a bit about it as a chrome issue, but when I go into the advanced settings to remove preferences for the gmail site, I can see the username but I don't see any options for editing the password preferences.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm not sure if I clicked 'never remember' by mistake at some point.

2. Stockholm

Stockholm
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    I don't know how to fix this but if you're on the lookout for a quality password manager check out LastPass. It works across all your devices and hasn't let me down in all the years I've been using it. Had some issues with syncing using Chrome years ago and found LastPass as a result.

3. Gandalf87

Gandalf87
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    umm... are you on incognito mode? the passwords won't be saved if that mode is active. if it isn't the case, then you would be able to see a popup on the top right of your screen when you enter the password.