1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome Wallplates

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by cominatcha, Dec 7, 2004.

1. cominatcha

cominatcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I have got a projector which I want to connect to my cinema AMP - I will be connecting it using a composite connection.

Does ANYBODY know where I can get !!! :lease:

1) A Chrome Wallplate including COMPOSITE Connections (ready for soldering)

2) A good quality composite cable

The cable will be coming from the loft through the bedroom wall into the wallplate - chrome would be great to match everything else !! I will need a loose connection and will solder the cable onto the wallplate connections

:lease: somebody HELP - I cant find anything ! :(

Thanks Guys

2. Mose

Mose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Might be worthwhile looking at the LECTROPACKS website, I have previously bought some 4mm termination panels from them before. Not quite sure if they do the chrome ones mind, but its worth a look. As for the cable, it really depends on budget. I am currently using a QED QUNEX cable which I am still trying to find fault with.

****Ooppps beg ya parsnips!! You are after a good quality COMPOSITE cable, sorry read it as being COMPONENT. Not really up on quality comp cables, but might be worthwhile checking out the range from MONSTER, available at most CURRY's and COMET stores. Not sure if IXOS or QED do a composite cable, but LECTROPACKS will definately tailor make you one to what ever length you require

MOSE

3. cominatcha

cominatcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response. I phoned the guys at LETROPACKS up but the dont seem to have what I'm looking for.

Any other ideas ?

I've looked at http://www.keene.co.uk/pages/cat/16diy/16F.html - Under WallPlates - Product HCP15 is what I need but in chrome.

Keene does do a Blank Chrome Wall Plate (Product: HCP6C) - maybe I need to get that and put Composite connectors in myself !! I'd rather have one ready made !! Any other ideas ?

Thanks

4. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi, i made mine myself(not chrome just white plastic) and it is very easy with a vice and drill took about 30 minutes.