Chrome book is frozen..totally unresponsive?

reevesy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Well I've got the first problem I've ever had with my hp touch screen chrome book.
Was using it for browsing this morning...went to close a page..and this was taking a while

...next thing I noticed was the mouse froze and the page as well..both the plug in mouse..and the pad won't respond ..
The chrome book is touchscreen and nothing works using your touch either .
Also can't do the old turn it off then on again thing as there's no power button on the key pad
All I can do is close the lid and put in standby mode

So basically totally frozen and nothing is responding ?

I did see a 'update available' please restart thing on the task bar ..so probably that?

Anyway no idea what to do so any help would be most appreciated

Cheers

DOH!...just noticed straight after posting that there's a small lit thin button on the side ...never even noticed that before

Press and hold for a while and it rebooted

Seems ok now

Glad you sorted it but always useful to give the make and model as there are multiple manufacturers of c/books and therefore different configurations of buttons.

Also there is a lot of online help you can get by googling - 'chromebook frozen' gives this page

Always singing the praises of chrome books since I got one ...and the fact they never go wrong !

Did have a Google ...most went the 'have you tried turning it off and on again ' route

Trouble with that was I couldn't find the off button :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom