Chromapure experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

3t3p

Established Member
Reaction score
I regret making this thread but feel I have to.

I bought an HW40-ES from Ricky at RRP (at the time HW-40ES's were going for cheaper than RRP from the likes of RS and other e-tailers) because he answered a lot of my questions in person, is a nice chap and can arrange calibration which I also went for.
He also said he would do me a deal on a screen but that I could pay for the screen whenever/in the future.

At the time I did not have funds for a screen but asked him to quote me one of his custom-sized diverse tab-tensioned screens in the 0.9 gain material. The quote was good and I was enjoying the projector without a screen while saving up.

Then Brexit happened. I gave Ricky a ring and he said prices had understandably gone up for an EU-sourced screen. He said he'd do his best to honour the prior arranged price and would see if he could find the original quote. I knew full well what the quote price was but gave him space to see what he could come up with.

I received no followup e-mail.
I e-mail asking for an update. No reply.
I forward the original quote. No reply.
Another 'what's happening?' e-mail with no reply.
I leave a voice mail on his mobile phone. No reply.

So now I basically feel let down/disappointed call it what you will. I originally purchased through Chromapure for reasons mentioned above and so far service has been brilliant.
BUT to not even reply to e-mails or phone calls for a previous customer who wants to spend MORE is really disenchanting.
I don't mind if he said post-Brexit the screen costs one billion pounds I just want an answer either way so I can move on. Likely with a white screen which is the only choice I am left with.

Pete,

I don't get on here much, but I had been informed one of my customers that this had been posted, so thought I would respond here.

A little context first:

The initial quote on the screen goes back to Feb 2016. We had to move the prices on this when Brexit happened as exchange rate loses were around 15-20% when you factor in shipping etc. We cut the screen cost to a minimum, when ordered with a projector, as a reward from buying from us. When we spoke in September, I did produce the quote and sent it via email - I have not added the full cost increase in the quote, absorbing some.

Please note most quotes come from 'Kalibrate Limited <[email protected]>' - this is our accounting package, and allows us to keep an easy track of the quotes we send out, as they can be tailor made depending on the requirements. I know for some this has gone to junk, so apologies if this has happened. I actually resent the quote this morning, before I knew about this message, as still catching up on last weeks calls and emails. Regarding the emails you sent in, apologies. I have found one in SPAM from 19 Nov. I do not know why this is the case, but I may have inadvertently 'blocked' your email address when meaning to block another one (with publicized email addresses comes lots of SPAM/Junk, so to stop it coming through, I need to block addresses rather than just delete them). Apologies this was likely my error.

Therefore, I was not aware you had not received the quote until I picked up your voicemail late yesterday (I ran some AVForums days from Friday-Sunday), so put the phone on answerphone from Thursday to prepare, and have then been catching up with calls/emails from last week/weekend which at this time of year can take a reasonable amount of time (I am often working 7am - midnight most days of the week at the moment - roll on Christmas).

Anyone else readying this. We do not shift boxes on the whole, so nearly everything we sell, takes time to prepare before being sent out i.e. Projectors, HD Fury Integral/Linker, CP Meters etc. At this time of year, along with the calibrations (inhouse - onsite), personal deliveries, demos etc, it can take us time to get back to messages (and with alot of those those emails/phonecalls can take an hour or so you can see how the time disappears), so please bare with us if we are not back in contact immediately, it is not because we do not want to, but more there is not enough hours in the day... Unfortunately with the best will in the world, some things do get missed, so if you feel you have been waiting along time, feel free to chase it up. Phone calls are often better to chase via, as I can deal with those when in the Van on the way to a delivery if I am not in the demo room, and it removes the risk of a missing an email.

Time to do some more emails/calls before today's demo.

Feel your frustration and annoyance but surely this could have been dealt with in private rather than a public forum.

I emailed a certain AA an here recently for a price and never had an email back, thought it seemed odd and too felt ignored/not respected. Low and behold I found the reply some days later in my spam folder. The reply had come back in a few hours but if I hadn't checked my junk folder I'd have just thought he couldn't be arsed which was not the case so always check your spam/junk folders. As for Ricky, well as many on here will no doubt testify he as always replied to my enquires (at all times of day and late into the night), granted sometimes there is a delay but I know he works on his own (like other AA's on here) so expect this and take it into account.

I did it as a last resort as didn't know what else to do!

Regardless Ricky just rang and everything is being sorted:)

Mods can close/delete thread as appropriate

Been a customer of Ricky's for 4 to 5 years now, bought my last 3 projectors from him so I've a good deal of experience in dealing with him.
I have always found him a pleasure to deal with, knowledgeable, always willing to give of his time.
I think he runs the business himself so he's always very busy and because of this he can sometimes be hard to get a hold of. I have on occasion had this issue but knowing his setup I understand.
Yes, had the odd time when an email wasn't answered, and one voicemail that wasn't returned.
He's always apologised and there have also been times when he's spent half an hour on the phone with me giving advice with no sale involved.
I've been very happy with the service I have received from Ricky over the years and will continue to remain a customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom