1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ChrisTV, DScaler Alternative?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Anks, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Anks

Anks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm setting up my HTPC and would like to integrate Sky+ with Meedio, Girder etc. This is to be used on a 30" LCD and have been advised that perhaps the investment in Sweetspot is possibily not worth while. However I would like to give it a try but £200 on card and cable seems an expensive experiment!

Having an ATI VIVO I wondered if I could use the S-Video input to test the configuration at basically no cost, yet DScaler doesn't support this card.

I used an application called ChrisTV http://www.chris-tv.com/ sometime ago and this seems to of matured since then into a full PVR solution. It does support a lot of cards via WDM but also seems to offer a Deinterlace filter which is apparently based on DScaler!

Does anyone have any experience with this application? Is the quality better than the likes of ShowShifter?

Ian.

2. spiral27

spiral27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used both programs, Shapeshifter was much better than christv but Shapeshifter tends to use a lot of resources.

Fly2000 is much better than chris tv if it will work with your card.

Chris tv only supports analogue tv , as does fly2000.

Try Blaze dtv 2.0 for digital hd tv.

I Hope this info helps.