Christmas work "do's"

THE_FORCE

Ex Member
Reaction score
So who has had their's yet ? Are you due to attend one soon ?

We had ours last night and it was a right craic, and for once I didn't shame myself up too much. (from what I've been told anyway :rolleyes:)

Any funny or embarrassing stories from Xmas work parties from the past ?:devil:

We've had ours.
Usual 'bring a party to a party' thing.
Strange thing is, this is the first year I really didn't enjoy it.:(
Money spent on new shirt/shoes etc, neither of which will get worn much again.
I'd much rather have spent the dosh on a curry night with friends.

Went - chatted to the right important people - planted a few ideas - ate an unidentifiable bread-crumb-wrapped item - left and had a Byron burger.

We've had ours.
Usual 'bring a party to a party' thing.
Strange thing is, this is the first year I really didn't enjoy it.:(
Money spent on new shirt/shoes etc, neither of which will get worn much again.
I'd much rather have spent the dosh on a curry night with friends.

We had ours at an 'eat as much as you like' Chinese place local to us, and they're a good bunch so it was very informal and a laugh. Nice to see the wives that are normally quite well to do letting their hair down after a few sherrys lol. (Thank god !)

The booze bill was more than the food ! :D

Got mine on the 16th, right after payday. Can't do it mind as the missus Christmas do is on the same day, and I already agreed to go to that one.

I've mine next Saturday at this place and posted the menu a little earlier. Afterwards we'll go to town and cause a scene :D

The only amusing story I can immediately recall was last year when the youngest lad in the company at just 17 went home with a 52 year old woman.

Went - chatted to the right important people - planted a few ideas

Do you think those people welcomed you chatting to them about work?
Or wished you'd just sod off and leave them alone?
No offence, but I'm on the side of the fence where half-cut employees often come to me with comments and ideas at a xmas do.

It's very boring, leave me alone, I want to enjoy myself too.

The only amusing story I can immediately recall was last year when the youngest lad in the company at just 17 went home with a 52 year old woman.

Aaaah the joys of a xmas do. :D

There were a couple of religious ministers at our do last night, and I've just found out that I constantly made the faux pas of saying 'Jesus ****ing christ' and 'oh my god' which didn't go down too well. :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm. I think we're still on talking terms ?

I normally organise my floors christmas do, this year ive been working my butt off with a new system and not had time to do it. Previous years ive had no thanks for organising it, just taken for granted, so this year i thought im going to wait till someone asks me, "are you organising the do this year its getting a bit late" or "do you want me to do it"
Not one person has asked me. so b:oops:s to them im going for a curry on my own.

:thumbsup:

I'm wondering if our entire Christmas works do will be up to the same level as last year?

For all the hard work we put in over the year, our boss walked around and gave us each.

One mince Pie!

I'm wondering if our entire Christmas works do will be up to the same level as last year?

For all the hard work we put in over the year, our boss walked around and gave us each.

One mince Pie!

Nice to see that your boss appreciates your services.

Do you think those people welcomed you chatting to them about work?

Yes :)

Or wished you'd just sod off and leave them alone?

No :)

No offence, but I'm on the side of the fence where half-cut employees often come to me with comments and ideas at a xmas do.

I can see normal chrimbo-dos being like this - ours are not normal :) There was also far too little booze flowing for anyone to even be 10% cut. Bit of a come-down from a few years ago where we booked out Ciprianis for our Christmas do :(

Had mine on the 26th of last month at the Hilton. Was OK..got a few beer tokens but could only use them on bottles of lager/alchopops.

Me and the g/f fancied a double voddy each... a few pence off of ÂŁ20 for them!! :eek:

Nice to see that your boss appreciates your services.

Oh yes, almost brought a tear to my eye, knowing how much I'd been appreciated.

Of course he expects everyone to be working flat out after Christmas to make up for the loss in production due to the unfortunate fact we had a holiday.

And no, I'm not making this up!

Had mine on the 26th of last month at the Hilton. Was OK..got a few beer tokens but could only use them on bottles of lager/alchopops.

Me and the g/f fancied a double voddy each... a few pence off of ÂŁ20 for them!! :eek:

Park Lane ? Trader Vics rocks ! :thumbsup:

Got mine on the 16th, right after payday. Can't do it mind as the missus Christmas do is on the same day, and I already agreed to go to that one.

but at the misses one you can be as drunk as you want and make a complete idiot of yourself without doing the walk of shame the next morning :D

Quite a result this year for me, my girlfriends one is this sunday and is in the function room where she works so it's bring whatever you want to drink along (but they do supply a load as well) and the venue is about 20 foot from our flat. Got one next thursday at a novotel for the project we are working on and then on the 21st theres one from the company we actually work for, so 2 weeks of being pretty drunk lay ahead for me

Was invited to one but I'm going to politely decline :D

I have better things to waste my Friday evening doing than sitting around with a load of people I don't even know or have to deal with.

but at the misses one you can be as drunk as you want and make a complete idiot of yourself without doing the walk of shame the next morning :D

I'm afraid since I've been with the missus, the amount I can drink has now falling at a sharp rate. Back in the day, I could drink like a fish. Now, if I have two or more pints, I'm asleep by midnight :facepalm:

I blame the missus.

Ours is at the National Railway Museum in York, a dinner and dance in the main hall with tables among all the old engines...should be good.

Ours is at the National Railway Museum in York, a dinner and dance in the main hall with tables among all the old engines...should be good.

my cousin had her wedding receptio nat kew steam museum, that was a very strange day but it was quite cool being around the machines. They even fired one of them up in the evening to show it off a bit

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom