Christmas presents for the other half

GloopyJon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this time of the year, I thought it could be a good idea to share ideas for Christmas presents for our other halves. As most of the avforums population is male (myself included), this is basically about buying presents for women!

I'll start the ball rolling, as I've already bought a dressing gown and a Metallica concert DVD for my girlfriend ;) I was thinking about a furry heated footwarmer but she didn't think much of that idea.

Incidentally, I won't be buying it because we already have one, but I got a tablet recently and she uses it all the time, so that's definitely a winner! She's now bought one as a Christmas present for her parents.

Over to you... :thumbsup:

just bought mine a kindle as she always has her nose in a book, she also needs a new mobile which I will probably end up getting as well

A compact digital camera as she's been wanting one for ages. Have thrown her off the scent by asking her to find herself a nice handbag which I'll put it in.

A rather rare bottle of perfume which has been discontinued.
Some hair curler thingy ma bobs (she told me to get them :laugh:)
as for the rest I have no idea, thinking about something electronic like a kindle or something....will need to work on it.....

No idea. Got her a photo-album designing application for her Mac, but she needed that early so I gave it to her already. Now a bit stuck for ideas. Last year she got a Macbook Air and a Canon 7d, so aiming to go very minimal this year :)

Would like to get her a replacement purse/wallet - anyone know of any good ones? Has to be as small as possible - just holding a few cards, some coins and some keys. Ideally soft or flexible. Would go in genes pockets. Looked at Fossil - they had some that were close, but nothing grabbed me. Any suggestions welcome :)

No idea. Got her a photo-album designing application for her Mac, but she needed that early so I gave it to her already. Now a bit stuck for ideas. Last year she got a Macbook Air and a Canon 7d, so aiming to go very minimal this year :)

Would like to get her a replacement purse/wallet - anyone know of any good ones? Has to be as small as possible - just holding a few cards, some coins and some keys. Ideally soft or flexible. Would go in genes pockets. Looked at Fossil - they had some that were close, but nothing grabbed me. Any suggestions welcome :)

Maybe too masculine, doesnt hold keys or coins but this is pretty small and pretty minimalist!

Credit Card Case & Money Clip Black Caviar | Dalvey

Would like to get her a replacement purse/wallet - anyone know of any good ones? Has to be as small as possible - just holding a few cards, some coins and some keys.

You'd be safer giving her a purse that didn't have a credit card compartment :D

I'm getting her a laptop, which is a gift I can enjoy too because it will help keep her off my gaming PC :)

I let the wife choose her Christmas presents in advance... Saves the grief of taking them all back between boxing day and New Year cause she's fussy as :censored: about clothes, perfumes etc etc...

Christmas is a kids thing really, so this kind of arrangement suits us fine. The fun and magic will start again once our first is born next year. :)

Got my other half a Kindle as well. Also picked up a cover and light for it and she's dropped lots of hints about a perfume (not that I can remember its name!) so thats her sorted.

Would've got mine a kindle too had it not been for her employers giving her one as a Christmas present this year.... So got one for my old man instead who's a real book worm.... :thumbsup:

I'm completely stuck for ideas. I got her a kindle as a treat a few months ago and a digital camera last year. She's happy with her iPhone and she's not interested in films or gaming.

Think I'll give the money to the kids and let them sort it.

For anyone thats stuck here's a few ideas I've seen advertised lately:

Iron
Set of pans
Washing Machine
Vacuum Cleaner
Deep fat fryer
Car washing kit
Festive ironing board cover
Festive oven gloves

Any woman would surely appreciate any of the above :thumbsup:

For anyone thats stuck here's a few ideas I've seen advertised lately:

Iron
Set of pans
Washing Machine
Vacuum Cleaner
Deep fat fryer
Car washing kit
Festive ironing board cover
Festive oven gloves

Any woman would surely appreciate any of the above :thumbsup:

Tip - do >not< get your woman a frying pan. Irons also.

Oven gloves and ironing board covers are much safer.

Believe it or not mine asked for a Kenwood Mixer, she loves cooking etc and has been wanting one but I told her no way am I getting you that for all your friends to talk about me lol

A new mobile phone plus memory card and case for it.
Perfume.
Books.
Funky 2012 diary.
New address book.

Hopefully that should do it :)

the_watcher87 said:
Believe it or not mine asked for a Kenwood Mixer, she loves cooking etc and has been wanting one but I told her no way am I getting you that for all your friends to talk about me lol

Are you sure it is not because of the price. Top of the range kenwood is mega bucks. Any talk about you would be positive I should think.

On the whole my husband is fairly hopeless at present buying ( I used to buy and wrap my own when my son was little because he wanted dad to give mum a present). However, once every ten years or so he has a brain wave. Few years back he bought me some brilliant light weight collapsible walking sticks completely out of the blue. I love them.

Irons and saucepans are NOT Christmas presents when given by partner, though could be considered so when received from parents in early years of setting up home.

Tablets are good. I'm using mine now :thumbs up: Jewelry often good but only if you are fairly confident of getting it right! Theatre tickets and a meal booked at a romantic restaurant (depending on budget) for the two of you could be a winner BUT if you have young children then you need to prearrange a babysitter otherwise all you are doing is giving her more work to do. It's the details that make the difference

Is there something you other half has always wanted to learn - a series of golf/tennis/flying lessons with a local pro with a promise that whilst she is attending you will take kids to football/clean the bathroom or whatever she would normally do that you don't.

Smaller things - mini key ring torch, scarf ( long scarves are in fashion this year) but think about which colours she normally wears, really nice feminine umbrella - not the mini fold up size that goes in your bag but a proper one. Floral/garishly patterned Wellies for fun (too big better than too small).

My Hubby is getting me

Hunters wellies
Eternity ring
Perfume
Loads of books and dvd's.

If i dont get the above he dies :)

Miss Psyclodia said:
My Hubby is getting me

Hunters wellies
Eternity ring
Perfume
Loads of books and dvd's.

If i dont get the above he dies :)

HAHAHA!!!!

I've decided I'm going to let the mrs live rent free again for another year.. I only ask that she pushes the hoover round occasionally.. (and raise the kids and keep the who house clean from top to bottom and keep me fed and watered etc etc).

Joking aside, I could be in trouble this time as I asked her a few days ago what she wanted and she snapped at me that she has told me loads of times already so now she knows she won't be getting what she wants. I pointed out that if she doesn't tell me again then there really is very little chance of her getting what she wants. The conversation went rapidly downhill from there....

I think she might want a new SDS Drill...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom