Christmas DVD list

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am compliling a list of DVD'd for my loved ones to choose from when choosing my Chritmas Presents.
What DVD's would you suggest, they must be good films, have interesting extra features and have a good 5.1 soundtrack to maxamise the potential of my home cinema system.
I have already thought of star wars, fight club and saving private ryan.
You thoughts please.

there are tens of thousands (maybe an exaggeration) of threads dealing with what discs to get to demo your HC set-up. Do a search for demo discs or something like that.

That said no DVD collection is complete without Gladiator!!:devil: :rolleyes: :D

Rather than a list of all time faves tho, it does beg the question "What is on your Xmas list this year?" In my case it's not very much 'cos I buy most stuff for myself when it comes out:blush:

So for what it's worth here's mine:
MIB2
Eddie Izzard - Circle
Robin Williams - Live on Broadway
The Last Waltz
The Thin Red Line (DTS)
Platoon SE

So if anyone wants to buy me any of those titles ,,,,,,,,, :D

Gold Member
Minority report
Reign of fire (R1)

I'm hoping for Minority Report as it will save me buying it. I have dropped enough hints so fingers crossed someone will get it for me. I thought it was a good one to drop hints about as I don't care which region I get in this particular case (not much difference between them) :)

I love Eddie Izzard but i have to say Circle was a let down

He just wasn't upto his usual standard the dvd is from a tour he did in 2000

quite a short show too at 80 mins

I'm buying "The Tigger Movie" for my son if that helps.

I find the problems with relatives buying DVDs is that they tend to buy them from the shops, thus they are region two - when sometimes (often) there are better region one versions. (ungrateful or what!) :D

I'm getting region 1 Tigger as it's got DTS on it and my son won't listen to anything in Dolby Digital.

Yes but can your son read french writing?! He wont know what film he is watching?! :eek:

Originally posted by Ian J
I'm buying "The Tigger Movie" for my son if that helps.
Cheers Ian. I've been looking for gift ideas for little 'uns :)

i am hoping for.
sopranos 1+2
jack dee at the appollo
lee evans at wembley
eddie izzard circles
new billy connolly one
and "24"
:D :D

Originally posted by mr chadwick

jack dee at the apollo
lee evans at wembley
eddie izzard circles
new billy connolly one

Make sure they are in DTS otherwise they are not worth having.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Cheers Ian. I've been looking for gift ideas for little 'uns :)

If it's any help - Ice Age, Cats & Dogs & Toy Sories are also favoured by 3 year olds.

Originally posted by Ian J
OK, so you've seen Sam's DVD collection.
And mine by the sounds of it. The Tigger Movie is the only one I don't own :blush: :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom