1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas DVD boxset ********

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by StooMonster, Nov 28, 2003.

1. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Anyone noticed the seasonal appearance of boll0cks-boxsets in the likes of Smiths.

It's time to clear that stock they can't shift by printing up a cardboard box and sticking three or more regular DVDs in it.

e.g. "Romantic Comedy Special" or "Arnie Action" etc.

But, I guess it's how they shift those shelves loads of over produced cr4p titles; and keeps the prices low the rest of the year round.

What's the worst seasonal-boll0cks-boxset anyone has seen? (Seasons greetings to the winner.)

StooMonster

2. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    I think the swear filter is there for a reason:rolleyes:

Personally I don't find DVD boxsets to be offensive, there's only a small % of people (i.e us;)) who take DVDs more seriously...

Perfect stocking fillers imho...

3. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I believe these boxsets are distributed by Jeremy Beadle's company, the one which produces those 'ultimate' dvd player packages.

They're a good way to pick up some films for next to nothing & are only meant to be budget supermarket buys.

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    But I filtered the "swearing" with numerics, knowing the the vBulletin one is a bit over sensitive. The B******ks word was used on Star Trek so it can't be rude.

Don't find them offensive, just cynical and ridiculous. They may be meant for supermarkets for ten months of the year, but come the seasonal holidays they are everywhere.

They make me smile with how naff they are, and the amazing "sets" that are made -- hence my question posed "What's the worst seasonal-boxset anyone has seen?"

StooMonster

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The swear word filter is not set by vbulletin, but by the administrator of the site. If a word is filtered it is because it is not considered suitable for use on the forum. Thanks.

6. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    So, a big hand for Jremy Beadle then :D (doesn't this smilie look like the smug git too?).