Christmas Day - What the hell is that !

Member 79251

Ex Member
Reaction score
Have been meaning to post this for a while now, as people will be going nuts this time of year for any thing to give this year.

So, what is the strangest thing either you have asked for, been given or gave anyone!!

• Strangest Thing Given: Christmas lights and a box of short bread.
• Strangest Thing Asked: 1 Small house we can all dream.!!
• Strangest Thing Gave: 1 Shinny Disco Ball.

Curious examples of wedding presents

... :D

Was invited to an old (and not at all dear) friends wedding and included in the invitation was a gift list - all of which were to be bought from Harvey Nichols - the cheapest of which was circa £95 pounds (which had been immediately bought). The cheapest I could have bought was £150+ - at which point I declined the invitation. I found it incredibly cheeky - although it happens more and more.

Yeah, sorry. I knew you was talking about xmas. I just made a lame joke and presumed others would participate since I got the joke outta the way. Oops!

Yeah, sorry. I knew you was talking about xmas. I just made a lame joke and presumed others would participate since I got the joke outta the way. Oops!

It's all your fault that I was led up the garden path and wrote a lengthy post about wedding presents and had to delete it!;)

Ok I'll get the ball rolling:

• Strangest Thing Given: A second hand 1920's suit
• Strangest Thing Asked: A car
• Strangest Thing Gave: Corgi car in response to the above

• Strangest Thing Given: A thermometer, a screwdriver (Not one of those multi tool sets.), or a packet of crisps.

People don't ask me for things for Christmas, so I don't usually give much out. No wonder I get such rubbish presents.

as a kid I got half a selection box, yes, IT was cut in half with what I can only guess was a knife

I had the money to buy an AVC-A11XVA last Christmas but instead I decided to spend the money on a car for my mum.

What was I thinking :suicide:

and yes Jakal, I know you have one (you %^£"*%$)

I had the money to buy an AVC-A11XVA last Christmas but instead I decided to spend the money on a car for my mum.

What was I thinking :suicide:

and yes Jakal, I know you have one (you %^£"*%$)

Why is that when we get older and established we spend a hell of a lot more on our parents presents than they ever did when we were kids? (You wouldn't have it any other way though Russell I bet :))

errr no I would, I have a lowly 4306 and I cry everytime I look at it and think of what could have been.

Why is that when we get older and established we spend a hell of a lot more on our parents presents than they ever did when we were kids? (You wouldn't have it any other way though Russell I bet :))
presumably what they give to us is far more than presents ( although it doesnt apply in all cases)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom