Christmas console shortages

dannius

Every year there seems to be shortages of certain consoles, last year it was the 360 (just after launch so obviously), PSP and the DS Nintendogs bundle.

This year with the exception of the Wii (obviously), the hard to get consoles are the pink special editions. Pink PS2, Pink PSP, Pink DS Lite.

In particluar the DS is in very short supply, this sort of creeped up on me but if you look online nowhere has got any DS's in stock of any colour.

My mate tried to get his daughter a pink one last week and ended up searching all over the place for one of any colour before finally finding a white one. Ebay prices are going for over £160 for the pink one. Good job I got my daughter a pink one from Game a month or so ago then! :thumbsup:

I just find it funny that console manufacturers want their machines to be successful and sell lots of units, but in the most important month of the year for sales they cannot keep their machines in stock. Therfore probably lose out on potential machine sales (and therefore future game sales). :suicide:

grey fox

Novice Member
Did your mate end up buying the white PS2, cos Argos in Chelmsford have a pink PS2 for £129.99, and comes with 2 controllers and a memory card. I have reserved anyway and if you want the reservation number for him let me know and I will pm it to you.

dannius

Did your mate end up buying the white PS2, cos Argos in Chelmsford have a pink PS2 for £129.99, and comes with 2 controllers and a memory card. I have reserved anyway and if you want the reservation number for him let me know and I will pm it to you.

Cheers for the thought mate, but it was a white DS Lite he bought.

Judging by the prices the pink PS2 is going for on ebay I wouldn't think they'll have them for long. Were you going to be purchasing one for a Christmas pressie then?

grey fox

Novice Member
Sorry mate. I really must pay more attention to the stuff I'm reading:oops:

Actually I was just checking Argos to try and do my good deed for the year before it's too late. I will have to try and find and old lady to help across the road tomorrow:D

Hope you have a nice Christmas and New Year

dannius

Very helpful it was too. :thumbsup:

Yeah and to you mate.

I hope all AV Forums readers manage to find that elusive item they want before christmas. It seems to get harder every year! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom