Quantcast

Christmas cards

walters123

Where is the best place to buy Christmas cards? I’m looking for something a bit more special than your average card from the supermarket. I like traditional themed cards.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Stuart was after ideas for AVF branded products, xmas cards could be the way forward :)
You open the card and the message keeps jumping up and down while you read it as the adverts load?

Too soon?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
You open the card and the message keeps jumping up and down while you read it as the adverts load?

Too soon?
Don't forget, ever 6 times you open the card to read it, a privacy sheet pops up to ask if you are ok with advertising ;)

Each to their own, but I've always considered "e-cards" a bit of a cop out.

If someone can't be assed to actually write out a card, I'd rather they didn't send one.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Each to their own, but I've always considered "e-cards" a bit of a cop out.

If someone can't be assed to actually write out a card, I'd rather they didn't send one.
I would say you are reflecting what most people still currently think.
It will be interesting to see if this changes over time.

If I think about it, it's can only be 2 aspects to this.

1: It's not really about the card as such, it's that another human put some effort and time into purchasing a physical object, writing, by hand onto it, and placing it in a post box to be delivered to you.

2: Being able to physically display this item in your home as a pleasant item, relevant to the event, to look at.

Which of the two is the most important I'm not sure.
Both can be replicated by modern technology, and (current thinking) far better for the environment if the new/tech method was used.

Driving to a shop, buying an item what was made from tree's and oil? for the ink, the cost of shipping cards to the store.
You driving home, writing out the card, sticking on a stamp (however they are made) driving to the post box, then someone collecting this card, driving to the sorting office, shipping across country or around the globe, driving to the delivery address so the recipient can look at it, and stick in on a shelf.
Time that by multiple millions. Not exactly very green is it?

And yet, I also feel the same way that I would vastly more value taking delivery of a card than a email.
For me, it's more about the No.1 reason. Someone actually cared enough to make the effort to sent it.
Even though, I know in reality, it can be pretty much no effort more than a few seconds as my name is written alongside the other 50 cards they are doing that evening.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
What's not yet been mentioned yet is the age old question:

Does size matter when it comes to putting a big smile on your good ladies face?

xmas large.png