Christmas Came early for Me!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Harb, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We I've done it.......I ordered the AE-300 and Long throw lens from PriceJapan,
    And then I went to Sydney and brought the Sound system.
    I ended up going for:

Yamaha 1300 Reciever
    Paradigm Phantoms for the Fronts
    Kef 100 for the Centre
    Paradigm Titans for the Rears
    800watt Yamaha Sub
    And a Panasonic Progressive scan DVD
    Draper Luma HDTV 106" Screen.

Sorry if the model numbers are a bit short on, but everything is in the Garage and I am a bit tired to go and get the full numbers.
    Its been a long day and I have listened to more speakers than you can point a remote at.....
    Geez, I can hardly wait till the Projector gets here:D :D

Feel free to tell me if I did the wrong thing buying any of this stuff...but it sounded ok to my ears....

John

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as you're happy with it then cool. Well done mate. Xmas bonus came in handy then ;)

I'd recommend not reading any reviews for at least 18 months, otherwise you'll be saying to yourself ...should have bought that..that's got a better review etc..

I've just ordered projector and various boxes to connect all my kit up. The only thing I did differently to you was to buy a box to convert all my signals to Progressive scan rather than buy a prog scan player.

Out of interest, how much did your screen cost ? Interesting to compare prices here and there.

Jus.

3. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G'day Jus,

Yeah I was going to buy a seperate scan convertor, and maygo that way yet........I will wait and see how it all goes.

The Draper cost $489AU

It is the spring loaded roll up type.

John