Christmas 2006

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by Stuart Wright, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,950
    AV Podcast : Movies : Christmas 2006

00:51 DVD News
    04:02 Narnia 4 Disc Region 1 DVD Review
    12:06 A Scanner Darkly Region 1 DVD Review
    17:04 Discussion. Which is best - books, or movies made from books?
    53:04 Contact Info.

51.1Mb, 54 minutes and 24 seconds. Direct Link

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  2. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    For me the Podcast has been pretty much a mixed bag since its inception.
    Format changes seem to have happened at an alarming rate, without a great deal of warning and the schedule of releases can be about as reliable as SouthWest Trains.
    BUT I understand the effort, time, and constraints of actually living a life besides the forums by those who produce it play a major part in that.

And so to the main point of my post which is to thank Stuart, Phil, Seth and the rest of the guys for all their hard work and time spent in giving us an entertaining and informative medium over the last year.
    The Podcasts have for me made what would otherwise have been long, dreary, boring hours of driving something to actually look forward to when I can listen uninterrupted and the time flies past.

I have especially enjoyed the manufacturer interviews and hope for many more in the coming year. Other items that have stood out for me are the hardware round-table review of the Denon DVD player. When I don't even have an interest in buying one to hear the guys discussing merits and opinions just like it would be done in a forum thread was exactly the kind of thing I had been hoping for all along.
    I have to give a special mention to Chris McEneany for his DVD reviews.
    He somehow manages to put such passion into them that even films I wouldn't even think of watching ( vintage horror for one and James Bond for another ) he still makes it a joy to listen to. On more than one occasion I have found myself chuckling away to how involved and detailed he can get over a single scene, I'm sure some other passing drivers must have thought me mad. Well done Chris, more please !!.

Anyway I have rambled on long enough and would just like to extend my thanks to the whole Podcast team and wish you all a great Christmas and a happy new year. :hiya:

3. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,332
    Thank you for your kind words, it makes all the hard work worth it when we get feedback on what we are doing, so thaks for taking the time to post.
    And a very merry christmas to you too!

Oh and there is a Christmas special due on Friday Evening (if I get it finished on time!) which has the HD DVD event from Pj Hi Fi and might even contain a blooper reel from our recording sessions during the year.

And we have a best of 2006 Podcast to round the year off in style, this will go out on the 29th of December all going to plan.

And the podcast returns to normal on the 10th of January and will have an interview and discussion with Gecko Uk regarding Runcos new anamorphic projectors and the audssey MultEq unit amongst other things - oh and Garry Lightfoot from the forums also joins in, so it should be interesting listening.

I hope that gives you some idea of whats coming up. We will have a podcast page hopefully next year, with the latest news on upcoming shows and more.

4. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,332
    Can those having problems with peoples voices in the mix, when listening in the car/on the train let me know if we have the mix fixed enough here so you can hear everyone at the same volume, it was bang on for me when i did the final mix volume.

5. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Phil, not that I was really having any problems, it sounded fine to me.
    When I made my last post I hadn't listened to the last Podcast which I now have and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I know I said more please of Chris but :eek: ;)

6. davidm

davidm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Phil - I have to keep adjusting the volume when listening in the car.

You and Jason come across very clearly, but all the others are a bit muted and I have to turn the volume up. I have to keep adjusting the volume to compensate.

The podcasts are great though. Lots of interesting topics and information sharing. Thanks for all the effort everyone puts in. Keep up the good work :)

7. zak smith

zak smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I want to say that i have enjoyed the podcast to and thank all involved and wish all of you and every member of this forum all the best for 2007