Christian Bale - a mentalist

We all go a little crazy sometimes

amen to that, ive lost my rag a few times at work thankfully the next day i apologised and forgot about it, difference with this is it was caught on film and now everyone assumes he's an A1 prick.... he's entitled to off days like the rest of us in my opinion.

Think it was the Director of Photography, not a lighting guy.

Bale was furious at Shane Hurlbut, the director of photography for "Terminator Salvation"

Hurl Butt sounds like a pun! :D

I like Aint-it-cool-news's take on it. They've done a big report on why they're not reporting on it and then go on to tell us the 'real' story because Harry Knowles says:

"I know this because I happen to be somewhere where someone that was there that day and for the shoot is."

If you can make sense of that, let me know.

And goes on to explain that:

"The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. .....Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film."

Completely forgetting that this is a Terminator film being directed by McG, the man who gave us Fastlane, Charlies Angels 1 & 2 and Pussycat Dolls: The Search for the Next Doll :rotfl:

amen to that, ive lost my rag a few times at work thankfully the next day i apologised and forgot about it, difference with this is it was caught on film and now everyone assumes he's an A1 prick.... he's entitled to off days like the rest of us in my opinion.

I'd be sacked if I swore anywhere near this level at work.

Cheers
Bri

who gives a rats backside if he nuts off????
just so long as the movie kicks:hiya:

Publicity stunt!!

Before the dust settles we'll have them united on the Jonathon Ross show claiming how it was all a bit of misunderstanding and how they are genuinely f***** good friends.

:D

Don't see the issue myself, here's a guy that seems very passionate about his work. Nothing wrong with that in my estimation.

I like Aint-it-cool-news's take on it. They've done a big report on why they're not reporting on it and then go on to tell us the 'real' story because Harry Knowles says:

"I know this because I happen to be somewhere where someone that was there that day and for the shoot is."

If you can make sense of that, let me know.

And goes on to explain that:

"The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. .....Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film."

Completely forgetting that this is a Terminator film being directed by McG, the man who gave us Fastlane, Charlies Angels 1 & 2 and Pussycat Dolls: The Search for the Next Doll :rotfl:

If not selectively picked to pieces, at least the AICN article makes a lot more sense than anything you've got to say here.

Looking forward to the deleted scenes and out-takes on the DVD :devil:

ohnotheydidnt: Kermit Bale

Love the Batpod comparison! :D

Would be funny if the Director Of Photography during the argument was shouting actions like ... zoom in on Bale.. cut to me... full shot of Bale, and pan across.

I'd be sacked if I swore anywhere near this level at work.

Cheers
Bri

language is by the by, he's still entitled to an off day...:rolleyes:

I dont mean to come across like a fan boy, if he spoke to me like this i'd likely tell him to shut the **** up but i just think its a whole lot hoo-haa over nothing.

Actually I dont blame him.

I dont mean to come across like a fan boy, if he spoke to me like this i'd likely tell him to shut the **** up but i just think its a whole lot hoo-haa over nothing.

I didn't mean to criticize you. In general it was bad. Not just the swearing but the bullying. As the star of the film he has absolute power. Again I'll say I'd be sacked for any of that. Should an "artist" be allowed that? As has been pointed out it's only a Terminator film. Imagine what he might be like if it was a real painful scene to play.

Regards
Bri

10pm news tonight on ITV you get to see who he is ranting at.

nice drawings on the news lol, i think he is right for losing it, quite funny too

He now has the attention of a shed load more people that had no interest in the film, intentional or not. Why does crap like this make the news! I can see why he went off on one, but at the same time the guy being shouted down needs to grow a set! Ok if Bale has the power to actually get him kicked off the film, so what, I'm sure he could get film work elsewhere (whilst keeping a bit of self respect).

Thank God there wasn't a chainsaw to hand eh.. :suicide: (sorry)

It appears by all accounts that the DP involved is a fiddler, still messing with his lights and walking on set when the camera starts rolling. I think that would annoy me. AND if i was in character and half way through throwing my emotions all over the place in a scene, it could be quite easy for that to slip into rage. Acting basically involves in releasing emotions but the emotion still has to be genuine (or the scene looks fake). So just as in real life, tears can lead into rage etc. The flood gates open....

However that may explain him flying off the handle but it doesnt justify the content of what he says, the threats and bullying. He also makes no attempt to get a grip and calm himself down. Offering the "you're a nice guy" some three minutes in is about the most backtracking he does.

The guy who has come out of all this really badly is oddly McG, it has shown him to have no control over his set. This is Bale's movie and McG knows it, he has said previously how much rework on the script he had to do to win over Bale and now he he seems unprepared to stand up to him. Nor does he address the DP. This wouldnt have happened to James Cameron.

People look to actors and music stars as idols, but in truth most creative people are at the least overly sensitive with quite a few actually readily admitting that they are bi polar and prone to extreme mood swings. Finally in regard to the "accent" issue, Bale has said before thathe finds it hard to re-adjust from an american to welsh accent because of the different ways we use our mouths to speak. Im not sure how much stock I hold in that, plenty of other actors (anthony hopkins for example) manage it.

Last edited:
Finally in regard to the "accent" issue, Bale has said before thathe finds it hard to readjust from an american to welsh accent because of the different ways we use our mouths to speak. Im not sure how much stock I hold in that, plenty of other actors (anthony hopkins for example) manages it.

Different actors work in completely different ways to achieve results, so you can't really compare them. Bale is obviously deeply invested in "the method" style of acting, while Hopkins comes from British a stage background. The fact that Bale is a method actor means it would be difficult to snap out of an emotional state and why it would lead to an outburst.

I pretty much agree with everything else you are sayng, this clip shouldn't have been leaked.

Some people here seem to thing that actink is just putting on a costume and memorising lines, but to do it well is actually quite difficult.

Last edited:
My understanding is that he isnt ever reverting back to his real accent any more, even away from films. But seeing as he doesnt hang out with me I cant say whether that true ;) Accents certainly do change though, I was raise din the idlands but have lived in ondon for 12 years, its ended up in quite a weird hybrid accent

Christian has gone way higher up in my books.
He's got talent......as a comedian.:D

I'm sure we all know by now that a lot of actors are fruits and vegetables.

I'd say it's hard to keep the brain from carrying out what it pretends to be at certain times.
And Christian has done it all.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom