Chris's living room setup

weejinky67

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a few photos of my humble living room setup, constructed on a fairly restricted budget.. Like all AV setups its a work in progress but im quite happy with it as it is for the foreseeable future. I live in a flat with neighbours above, below and through the wall so all things considered it sounds really good

SONY KDL 40ex503 LCD TV
SONY STR DH810 AV RECEIVER
SONY BDP S370 BLU RAY PLAYER
TANNOY MERCURY V1 FRONTS AND VC CENTRE SPEAKERS
TANNOY SFX SURROUNDS
TANNOY SFX FRONT HEIGHTS
TANNOY SFX SUB
XBOX 360
VIRGIN MEDIA TIVO BOX
PACKARD BELL HTPC
DIY AMBILIGHT USING ARDUINO MEGA MICRO CONTROLLER

Attachments

• php0MLEJwAM.jpg
    php0MLEJwAM.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,059
  • phpBmZ8nPAM.jpg
    phpBmZ8nPAM.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,020
  • php0xIB2EAM.jpg
    php0xIB2EAM.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,162
  • php08YZszAM.jpg
    php08YZszAM.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 892
  • phpagUbNlAM.jpg
    phpagUbNlAM.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 811
  • phpI9OPOcAM.jpg
    phpI9OPOcAM.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 771
  • phpibxGAzAM.jpg
    phpibxGAzAM.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 747
  • phpwqI4dLAM.jpg
    phpwqI4dLAM.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 747
  • phpWAyd42AM.jpg
    phpWAyd42AM.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 750
  • phpLoWfp6AM.jpg
    phpLoWfp6AM.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 727
  • p20130403-002638.jpg
    p20130403-002638.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 741
  • php1gES7WAM.jpg
    php1gES7WAM.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 672
  • phpGcAi4LAM.jpg
    phpGcAi4LAM.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 655
  • phpv8KmMIAM.jpg
    phpv8KmMIAM.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 628
  • phpS8ZW37AM.jpg
    phpS8ZW37AM.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 585
Nice set up and looks like a nice flat too.

By the way I play BF3 on my PS3, fantastic game, I bet its another level playing it with surround sound

Nice set up and looks like a nice flat too.

By the way I play BF3 on my PS3, fantastic game, I bet its another level playing it with surround sound

Cheers mate BF3is the best sounding game out there in my opinion.. Helicopters and Jets with the front heights is amazing

Cheers mate BF3is the best sounding game out there in my opinion.. Helicopters and Jets with the front heights is amazing

It must be a big bonus to be able to hear which direction gun shots are coming from and also foot steps, the amount of times i was being shot at and didnt realise where they were :laugh:

It must be a big bonus to be able to hear which direction gun shots are coming from and also foot steps, the amount of times i was being shot at and didnt realise where they were :laugh:

It really does mate.. a good set of gaming headphones works a treat aswell cracking game

Really nice setup. Out of interest, how does the ambilight work, assume its connected to the HTPC.

PKtheDJ said:
Really nice setup. Out of interest, how does the ambilight work, assume its connected to the HTPC.

Cheers mate, aye it works through the PC through a free software called Amblone.. There is 3 RGB led lights strips stuck to the back of the TV each one soldered onto an Arduino Mega micro controller and the Arduino is connected to the PC with a USB.. You can use it as a static mood light also if you don't want the ambilight effect on

Really liking the ambilight (ambiclone) there. Had a look into it after seeing your setup. Considering giving it a bash. :smashin:

Really liking the ambilight (ambiclone) there. Had a look into it after seeing your setup. Considering giving it a bash. :smashin:

It's pretty easy mate if you have a bit of patience.. it cost me about £70-£80 including the lights ( from China ) the arduino board and all the components from maplin, check this site out for a how to http://amblone.com/

Cheers for that, thats the site I looked at. Im in the process of renovating a house so may be a project once I eventually get moved in.

I'm in love with your ambient lighting, got anything outlining how you set it up?

Actually love this setup, very clean!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom