For Sale Chord Odyssey 2 Speaker Cable

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by kaybee15, Mar 10, 2013.

1. kaybee15

kaybee15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, I'm bumping this as I've not been available for a while due to health issues. I've also adjused the prices to make them even more of a bargain. The award winning Chord Odyssey 2 speaker cable is a fantastic upgrade for any home cinema or hi-fi system. I have 24m of the cable available in the following lengths, all fitted at the Chord factory with their heat-shrinked and soldered 4mm speaker plugs:

2 x 3m (silicone sheath complete, ideal for fronts)
    2 x 8m (silicone sheath stripped away to go under carpet, ideal for rears. This does not affect the sound, and in fact renders this cable exactly the same as it's custom install version)
    1 x 2m (silicone sheath complete, ideal for centre)

I would be prepared to split the sale if somebody wants just one pair of the cables, and have included single prices below, but regret that I cannot adjust the lengths or split the pairs. If purchasing for a 5.1 system, please note no subwoofer cable is included.

The current RRP direct from Chord for this package is in excess of £600, and I can safely say that having used these cables they are worth every penny. Relocation forces a very reluctant sale, and at under half-price these cables are a genuine bargain for any film or music lover!

2 x 3m = £99
    2 x 8m = £229
    1 x 2m = £30

TOTAL PACKAGE PRICE = £300, all prices inc postage to UK.

Information:
    Chord Odyssey speaker cable shares its principal design features with Chord Rumour.
    Like Rumour, each conductor is made up of 19 strands of silver-plated oxygen free copper surrounded by PTFE insulation. However, the strands are of a heavier gauge and whereas Rumour uses 1.5mm overall diameter conductors, Odyssey uses 2mm overall diameter conductors.

The larger diameter conductors help Odyssey to carry dynamic information extremely well and this produces real improvements to the weight, attack and dynamic of notes across the entire frequency range. Cymbals are noticeably more realistic and acoustic guitars and pianos more lifelike; this ability to carry dynamic information so well means that Odyssey produces a remarkably musical and coherent sound. This, combined with Odyssey's neutral tonality, helped it to win the Hi-fi News Best Speaker Cable award for five years in a row.

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. kaybee15

kaybee15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bumped cos of reasons cited above :thumbsup:

3. stevebrockelsby

stevebrockelsby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I would like to offer £80 for the 2 x 3m - can collect tomorrow as I am only in Lincoln

4. stevebrockelsby

stevebrockelsby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    my offer still stands!

£80 Collected
    £88 Delivered

5. stevebrockelsby

stevebrockelsby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hope the OP is well as have had no response to my offer!

6. stevebrockelsby

stevebrockelsby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    if the OP ever responds to his Post I want to offer £90 collected for the 2 x 3 m Chord Odyssey