Bargain Expired Chord mojo 299....

muljao

Prominent Member
Reaction score
pounds on Amazon and other places for a limited time

spent teh morning looking at headphone amps so tempted, but reading lots of horror stories (batteries swelling etc). about using this in always plugged in mode, which would be my use case .no doubting the performance though

spent teh morning looking at headphone amps so tempted, but reading lots of horror stories (batteries swelling etc). about using this in always plugged in mode, which would be my use case .no doubting the performance though
I use it as a USB DAC, plugged in a lot of the time. I've not had any issues and would recomend this set up if asked. The two outputs are handy as you can use one for phones and one can stay connected to the amp. Really happy with it and I paid full wack.

cheers, pulled the trigger this morning.

Don't use a 2 amp charger as some suggest.
Usb cable to usb socket will keep you going if in situ.

Don't use a 2 amp charger as some suggest.
Usb cable to usb socket will keep you going if in situ.
+1. Should have said this too. Have had 0 probs powering it this way

Do you mean just the data carrong cable, or have 2 cables in bit use a standard USB port for power

1 USB to the PC.1 USB to the USB power socket, connected to the mains

I used usb cable from tv usb port to power mojo.

I don't believe in spending on minor performances increases, so bearing that in mind, would the mojo be an actual audible improvement over the DAC in my Teufel Connector?

I don't believe in spending on minor performances increases, so bearing that in mind, would the mojo be an actual audible improvement over the DAC in my Teufel Connector?
I was using a Topping D10 before and I think the Mojo sounds noticeably better. I appreciate this may be expectation bias, but I don't think so.

@acgingersnaps have you tried controlling volume on mojo to av bypass on Cyrus one?

@acgingersnaps have you tried controlling volume on mojo to av bypass on Cyrus one?
No. I have the volume set to +68 (This means it's at roughly 2v, rather than the 3v line level output and it's stays on that setting when you turn it on and off) on the Mojo and it's connected to the Cyrus via 3.5mm to RCA inputs.

this arrived yesterday. my hd650's are in the office, which is where this is for, but trying at home with my DT990's and i'm hugely impressed. can't wait to try it with the better cans tomorrow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom