Chord Hugo TT

Well Tom, as a man of science, surely you would only challenge a claim when you have disproved it yourself?

Yes, it also has a remote control.

Well Tom, as a man of science, surely you would only challenge a claim when you have disproved it yourself?

Yes, it also has a remote control.
Well it actually depends a lot what you actually meant by your statement. But I seriously doubt it will make it sound 'like' them. The DAC for example cannot stop the break up frequencies of the aluminum tweeter!

What you were really getting at is you liken it to an equivalent upgrade I presume? Rather than if you had your system and a pair of 800 diamonds and the CM10s then you would struggle to tell them apart. I think you would struggle not to tell 802s and 800s apart let alone dropping a whole range to the CM10s[emoji12]

I am going to buy a balanced switch to separate my AV from my hi-fi so that enables me to open my options to DACs with volume control (with remotes ideally). My geek pulse infinity is coming soon too I hope. Be interesting to see how it compares to the antelope.

Heh heh, of course it was meant to be a provocative statement.

but there is some truth in it.

The 800 Diamonds use the Diamond tweeter which has a breakup frequency well anve the audible spectrum. Regardless of supersonics, the idea is it remains a perfect dome throughout the audible frequency. The wide performance range also allows for simpler crossovers, which help in the performance in the mids and bass drivers which were similiar to the previous 800s. then of course the cabinet designs and driver isolations.

The new tweeters too have a higher breakup frequency. albeit not as high as the Diamonds. the CM10s also have driver isolation features like the suspended FST and separate tweeter pod.

What it means is that given a signal, Diamonds distort, or take away less than the CM10s. But most dealers I speak to, and B&W ppl themselves feel the CM10 is very close to the old 800s which are not that far off the Diamonds.

My own experience with the Diamonds are limited, and driven by relatively modests sources and amplification. But they still sounds awesome.

The Hugo TT signal though is so good, that it makes up for the quality loss in the CM10s. And that's what I base my throwaway statement on.

The Diamonds can literally polish turds. the TT shows the CM10 at its best. So they kind of meet somewhere in the middle.

But i have a suspicion my CM10s are maxed out. Further upgrades will be of ridiculous diminishing returns.

the TT will be incredible on your 802Ds. They probably deserve DAVE even.

I presume you are looking at balanced switchers like these?

Search Results : Audio Logic, Audio solutions and products for professional audio visual and installation contractors

That sort of thing. But not a mass produced one, getting one hand made. For not a lot more money than that.

Well the diamonds can't polish turds because they show turds for what they really are. Which is normally why some people don't like them, because they either don't have a good enough system with them or a bad recording. It gets on my nerves when a bad recording comes on but on the other hand a good recording soon makes up for it.

Also re the old 800s, it is claimed (by B&W apparently) that the 804 Diamonds outperform N802s. Think the same cannot be said about the D range they are a lot better than N range but I found that a pretty remarkable statement to be honest.

Couldn't afford a dave anyway, but a TT may be within reach if I sold the Antelope. I don't like the look of chords stuff but I would live with it

And yes, the CM10s will be the weakpoint in your system. The rest of your system will be well worthy of diamonds

Well, to make a substantial difference, I guess I would have to move up to the 802Ds. But I guess I could start with 804/3Ds then shift them to surrounds.

The time is ripe for the 800Ds to be refreshed, so I may get some used examples. Problem is I need to get the centre as well...

Yeah I aren't sure I would worry too much about a diamond centre to begin with, I haven't got a diamond centre but it still integrates well enough given the fact music is my priority

The Dave will apparently be making an appearance at the National Audio Show 2015. Alas do not think can go this year as have tickets for Eng v Fiji, ruling out an early morning rise to go Milton Keynes...

Hmm, Chord Electronics is at the Headzone. Wonder if they will do a desktop DAC demo?

Hi,

Where can I find a used Hugo for £900 :)

Looks like the perfect product for multiple uses.. Portable for work, handy for streaming over Bluetooth .....

Cheers

Matt

Got a TT on pre order from Hifix - they kindly lent me one until mine comes in

Can someone help me on how I can set the volume level to low on start up as its quite high..

Im using it as a pre amp with the volume setting set to L volume straight to my power amplifiers

Ken

Last edited:
I will possibly have a brand new unopened Chord Hugo TT in silver for sale within a week - I'm waiting for it to be delivered from my dealer

Ken

I will possibly have a brand new unopened Chord Hugo TT in silver for sale within a week - I'm waiting for it to be delivered from my dealer

Ken

Sorry,
Maybe it's a bit late in the day but why would you get a piece of gear just to sell it immediately? Would it not be better to not buy it - or get something else form the start?

Its a bit of a simple one really.. - I traded in some equipment plus cash for the TT so I'm unable to get my cash back - only a credit note - I need to free up some cash for another project - are you interested?

Thanks I'm sorted ;)

That sounds like a reasonable explanation ;)

Can I ask if you decided to go for a different DAC and I so which?

Any ideas on price yet?

Thanks I'm sorted ;)

That sounds like a reasonable explanation ;)

Can I ask if you decided to go for a different DAC and I so which?

Nothing yet - however the Chords 'Dave' interests me possibly in the new year

Any ideas on price yet?

I will stick it in the Classifieds when it becomes available hopefully next week at some point but I will obviously want to recoup as much as I can due to it being Brand new, available now and full warranty with purchase receipt

Apologies if I have appeared to have hijacked this thread

Ken

Well... Its not going anywhere - Superb

Attachments

• IMG_4601.JPG
    IMG_4601.JPG
    878 KB · Views: 114
Has anyone paired the Hugo TT With active ATC speakers at all

Opinions welcome :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom