CHORD "COBRA 3" interconnects and CHORD power cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by MJeeves, Dec 19, 2006.

1. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback on the CHORD "COBRA 3" interconnects and CHORD power cable ?

I'm thinking about getting some for my Toshiba HD-DVD player. Thanks.:smashin:

2. Jack Dotson

Jack Dotson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the Cobra III between my pre and power amps (Arcam AVP-700 and Belles 350A Reference) and am very happy with this cable.

I use a Naim CD5i for my source and also own Chord Chrysalisy (a Naim favorite), Cobra original, and Siren. Of these the Cobra III is my favorite.

The mid-range is a bit recessed when compared to the Chrysalis and Siren, and it is a smoother sounding cable as well. It has more extended treble and bass response than the others with better detail and transparancy than the Chrysalis. The Siren is the most detailed, but in my system sounds a bit thin, lacks weight, and has the least bass of the bunch. I'm not a big fan of the Siren even though it's the most expensive of the four cables.

Bang for the buck amoung the Chords has to be the Cobra III's IMO. I would like to find Din to RCA Cobra III and see how my system will sound with all cobran III cabling.

Hope this helps.

3. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    the chord power cables IMHO are over-priced for what they offer, much easier to buy a similar one off e-bay or some other cable retailer, or construct your own if you have a little knowledge, look through the threads on power cables, make your own for about £20-£25.00

4. swall101

swall101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Based on what? Oh and where was it you sold your cables again?