1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chord carnival

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Andywilliams, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi All
    Could someone please tell me the cheapest place to get this speaker wire from as iam replacing silver anniversary bi-wire.Its for my new m&k 850s which arrive next week.
    Thanks Gonzo.:)

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Why not wait until you have tried the M&K speakers with your existing cable. Silver Anniversary seems to work for me OK

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Ian
    Iwas going to but didnt fancy twisting it all together and trying to cram it in the 850s speaker terminals.I know i could have split the cables and used them like normal but seems a shame to waste it.Iam still going to use the qed micro for the k4s though.Funny thing happened today my mates just brought a new factory unit for his business,The electrician who was fitting all the factory out had just completed building his new house and is going to set up a tv room anyway things transpired and he agreed that if nobody had put an offer in for my speakers he would like them.To cut a long story short after he came over my place for a demo he was that blown away by home cinema he is going to get every component in my set up including the svs he said he couldnt beleive i wasnt happy with the system ive got.Ive warned him about upgraditis but he says he wont succumb:D .
    Cheers Gonzo.

4. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Well done - but sounds like you will have the speakers and nothing else !!!

I have the Chord Carnival with my 850's and it works well with them. Sevenoaks sold me 3X2.5m lengths terminated at both ends for £35 (not sure if thats good or not). But you should consider waiting given that you havent sorted out the amp and processor yet.

By the way why arent you happy keeping the SVS ? You can buy back your ASW for £400 if you like :p :clown:

5. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Rags
    I said replecate not selling other stuff YET:rotfl: (would never part with my svs)
    Wifes said ive got to sign that i wont replace speakers for at least another 5 years or no more upgrades and she is a bank manager with the purse strings so ive agreed:D
    Gonzo.