1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chord 8000r

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by rob g, Jan 5, 2005.

1. rob g

rob g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All
    anybody tried the chord 8000r.
    Currently am using a proceed avp into chord 1000b for the front end with proac 2.5 speakers.
    I am after more stereo imageing, to go with my electrocompaniet emc1 cd player. But dont want to lose home cinema side and go purely stereo.
    Cables are audioquest python and red dawn rev 2 speaker cables.

any info greatly appreciated.
    regards
    Rob

2. Peter Baker

Peter Baker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Not tried the Chord myself, but have heard great things about it. That said, at shows I've always thought chord amps sounded a bit cool for me.
    Presumably this sound suits you, as you already have a Chord amp.
    I use the AVP with the AMP5 and am delighted with the sheer musicality and lushness of the sound. I also want a sound which maximises CD sound (in my case Wadia) whilst also delivering on the HT front. AMP5's also have the advantage of being pretty cheap ex-dem (c £2000)
    Best of luck
    Peter

3. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The DSP-8000R isn't far removed from the original DSP-8000 aside from a few compromises on the casework. Eg, No sexy windows on the top to view the electronics inside. Performance and connectivity wise, it's the same unit. In fact, had the DSP-8000R been available at the time, I would have chosen it over the Bryston. Don't get me wrong, the Bryston's fantastic, but the Chord has just that little extra detail and (more conveniently) a 2CH Balanced input.

A while back I posted a short review of the DSP-8000 when I had it on home demonstration...here it is
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66328&highlight=dsp-8000

Hope this is of use to you.

4. rob g

rob g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the info
    I will have to have a closer look (listen) at one for a couple of weeks.