choosing

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Morck, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Morck

Morck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have a problem here :)
    I currently own a Marantz AV8002 amplifier and I use it for movies and music alike. I recently got into the vinyl thing and bought myself a PROJect Experience turntable and Tube Box II phono preamp, and I am enjoying it very much. Now what I am wondering if I would get better sound from music if I buy a Stereo amplifier like the Marantz PM8003 for my music playback. Is it night and day difference or would I not notice any difference at all ?

The reason I ask here is because my local dealer who I buy all my stuff from tells me that it´s night and day difference but I am not sure if I trust that comming from a sales person :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. tudj

tudj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Ask him for a demo so that you can compare them yourself, if someone on here says that the difference is large and you go and shell out for the amp, you might not think the difference was worth the money - and it's alot of money wasted if thats the case.

3. phil t

phil t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
    As said, best way is to arrange a demo and decide for yourself. Most of the independent dealers I’ve used are far from sales persons, although (of course) they would like to sell you something.

Pound for pound, an identically priced stereo amp should sound better than an AV amp.

:)