1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choosing the right speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Rustylicious, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Rustylicious

Rustylicious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Need some help :lease:

Just in the process of buying a new amp and speakers as my Cambridge amp died horribly and my current speakers are too rediculous for my flat!

The amp im getting is a Denon PMA355 (got the 255 in my room and its done me proud for years!).

I dont really wanna spend more than £200 and need some floorstanders. I was looking at TDL's but from what ive read here its not a good plan! Any ideas? Gale 3040's are looking ok...

The music I listen to is mostly House and Trance, but a bit of everything.

Any suggestions will be helpfull!

Thanks,

Pete :hiya:

2. Rustylicious

Rustylicious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok well ive narrowed it down slightly...ish! :oops:

The way i see it i can either go for Gale £3040s and save myself some money, Celestion F30s, Mission M34i, or splash out and get MS 914's...will I really notice the difference though? I've only ever had cheap floorstanders before so im a bit bewildered :eek:

Any suggestions would be helpfull!

3. Rustylicious

Rustylicious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no replies? bah!!

Well anyway ive narrowed it down more! Now im stuck on the amp...

Im set on a pair of mission M34i Speakers, but dont know whether im better with a Denon PMA355 or NAD C320BEE...

Any ideas?

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Get the NAD - it's better than the Denon, which I think is a very boring-sounding amp. Although it may tame some of your more harsh dance tunes. :D

The Missions are nice speakers too, but not as good as the 914's. Stretch to those and you'll be really happy. :thumbsup: