Choosing the right AVR

urielpr

Novice Member
Hello All,

i have a dilemma between to AVR that i want to buy.
my current AVR was Onkyo tx-sr507 and for some reason it just burned.
i took it to a lab the fixed it and less then a day after i got it back it was burned again :-(

currently i narrow my focus on 2 AVR's :

Denon AVRX2300

Yamaha RXV781

also wanted Onkyo TX-NR656 but,i found out that it dose not support upscaling.

the reason i want the Denon i that it seems to be on of the best for its price.
but the big issue is that i need to have a Phono input and this model dose not have one.

for the Yamaha,it dose have Phono input but comparing but comparing to the Denon, it was always on the second place.

i can always use a preamp to my turn table (i have one which i used with my Onkyo) but i wanted to decrease the amount of devices and cables a little bit.

can any one please help me solve this dilemma ?

also if there is another AVR that are in the same price level and wort it i would be happy to hear about it .

Thanks in advance

dante01

Distinguished Member
Upscaling is of no practical use. Your TV will scale whatever you input into it to fit its panal without having to scale whatever you send to it.

Also consider the new Sony STRDN1080 which makes for a good alternative to Onkyo receivers which still have a poor rep for reliability and are impaired with a somewhat inadequate room EQ system.

andym81

Hello All,

i have a dilemma between to AVR that i want to buy.
my current AVR was Onkyo tx-sr507 and for some reason it just burned.
i took it to a lab the fixed it and less then a day after i got it back it was burned again :-(

currently i narrow my focus on 2 AVR's :

Denon AVRX2300

Yamaha RXV781

also wanted Onkyo TX-NR656 but,i found out that it dose not support upscaling.

the reason i want the Denon i that it seems to be on of the best for its price.
but the big issue is that i need to have a Phono input and this model dose not have one.

for the Yamaha,it dose have Phono input but comparing but comparing to the Denon, it was always on the second place.

i can always use a preamp to my turn table (i have one which i used with my Onkyo) but i wanted to decrease the amount of devices and cables a little bit.

can any one please help me solve this dilemma ?

also if there is another AVR that are in the same price level and wort it i would be happy to hear about it .

Thanks in advance
I'm currently selling an onkyo 646 on eBay. It's in mint condition with original box. However it does need a new remote. It only fully works on game/pc inputs

Anderzz

I was torn between the same 2 amps myself.

I went for the Yamaha as I previously owned a Denon AVRX2000 and I fancied a change.

The Denon seems to be the greatest value at £300 but the Yamaha is very good.

The Yamaha app on my mobile phone is a million times better than the Denon app.

I'd say the Yamaha sounds a bit more exciting than my Denon did, however my Denon did seem a little bit better with vocals. Though to be honest the difference isnt exactly huge.

urielpr

Novice Member
Thanks all for the advice's ,
so there is not much differences.
and if i may,will it be worth to starch my budget a little bit more and try to get other model?
is the Marantz s5011 can be a good choice?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom