Question Choosing projector throw ratio

Superjeg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to buy a projector that can create an image: 1,75 m wide and be situated around 3,75 m away from the screen. Throw ratio would be around 2.2.

Most projectors that are made for home cinema usage seems to have a lower throw ratio.

So, my questions are as follows:

- are there any good home cinema projectors that would suit my needs?
- If throw ratio is e.g. 1,6 etc, can other adjustments make the image smaller?
- does it make any sense to shift to 4:3 aspect ratio and input 16:9 image, thus making the image smaller?

Thank you

This should help, also moved to PJs.

This should help, also moved to PJs.
Thanks, I have spent the last month on that homepage. It works but it is hard to find out if projectors are suited as home entertainment - there are alot of CASIO projectors that would work, but as far as I understand those are for presentation use..

I have looked and as an example the Epson TW9400 would fit at around the £2k mark?

Although it's not what you're looking for the only domestic projector I remember with this throw kind of throw was the Optoma HD86 which was available with different lenses.

For a modern day unit, you're looking to the premium market like Sim2 who have some projectors which have the ability to achieve what you are looking for. The Epson mentioned above has a 2.1 motorized zoom range and for the money, this is most likely the best you're going to get in the home cinema domestic market at that price point

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom