• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Choosing my first LCD TV - please help! :)

guitarbloke

Standard Member
Hi guys,

My girlie and I are moving into our first place together next week and need a TV.

We've got an absolute maximum budget of £400 (would like to spend a little less if we can get away with it though!) and want a TV somewhere between 32"-37" (no bigger as we dont have the space). To be honest, 32" may well be be the better option so as not to overpower the small room

It's going to be wall-mounted in the new place (so can't look too shabby) and will be mainly used for watching DVDs and Blu-Ray (once I buy a player in the next month or so). We don't have space for a 5.1 system so it would be helpful if the sound on the stock speakers isn't too crappy!

I know I'm asking a lot for a small amount of money, but is there anything you guys could recommend please that would maybe fill a few of the above criteria above?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sean

johnjo569

Established Member
Comet are doing the 32" samsung B551 for £409.00 (when you ring there national hotline and quote promo code AWJAN5) You can reserve and collect in your local store. Think the promotion might end today though. Very good reviews on this TV by the way i way very close to buying one myself.

This site is good for price comparisons and they usually show extra promotions like promo codes that will save you some more, worth a look.

Samsung LE32B550 Reviews and Best Price Guarantee: 32" Screen LCD TV

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom