Choosing my 3 games.....

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the title says.

Going to pick up a 360 bundle next week in time for Xmas.

Will more than likely go with the Gamestation offer of any 4 games (1 being PGR3) for £340 odd notes.

Question is, which 3 games.

I've not read any review online or picked up a 360 mag for ages so will try and get around to that later today/Monday.

My fave games on the 360 were Halo (greatest game ever for me), PGR2, Links and Rallysport Challenge.

Overall I'd say I mostly like racing games and shoot em ups with the occasionaly golf game chucked in.

I was thinking that with PGR3 i'd get say, GOW, COD3 and maybe Tiger Woods (assume it's the only golf game on the 360) - is it as good as Links 2004 (awesome) ?

I guess I should mention that I won't have Live for a while so the above selections need to have good solo playability.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Cheers:thumbsup:

If you likes PGR2, you'll absolutely love PGR3... Awesome game!!!!

Gears of war is a must. Brilliant solo and just amazing. If you get online in future it is amazing online also

Call of Duty 3 is meant to be ok, but better online than off. By all accounts COD2 is much better as a single player game. (I have 2, which is excellent, but i didn't bother with 3 because the reviews were very mixed)

Rainbow Six Vegas is a must game. Possibly the best shooter on the machine, New out and great single player. Again the online is also meant to be arguably the best on the 360

Tiger woods 07 is meant to be ok I think, but not played

Another racing games i would seriously recommend is Test Drive Unlimited!! IT is amazingly good and has HUGE depth both online and offline. You basically have a GPS mapped reall life Hawaian island as a playground. All sorts of races and driving challenges, great variety, cars and environment situations (City, Country, Mountain, Interstate etc, etc!!) Plus there are loads of challenges. Can't recommend it enough. Oh did i mention, some races are in real traffic and you have to avoid the police also... Think Cannonball Run in videogame form. Also, even if you don't want to do a challenge, you can just cruise around the island, and arrange spot races with anyone, anywhere (offline as well as on).:smashin:

I thought Links was waay better than Tiget Woods 07.

I would reccomend GOW, COD3 and then one then get a sports game, Pro Evo maybe? Because 3 FPS and you might get bored.

i bought this same package last week the only problem was they didnt have alot of games in my local gamestation they had all sold out so i got

test drive unlimited
call of duty 3
need for speed carbon
pgr 3

GOW is a must, its one of the best games ive played in a long time. Online doesnt dissapoint either :smashin:

You may want to stear clear of games like fight night and DOA4, they are decent enough with friends around but they soon lie gathering dust in the corner :(

I'd definatly go for Gears as it is the best shooter by far, and if you love racing games then I'd add Test Drive Unlimited, while PGR 3 is a great experience, Test Drive Unlimited is a great next gen driving experience, all other racers will become very limited after playing it.
Then the next question is whether you go for another shooter or Tiger 07, if you want another shooter I'd actually go for COD2, because after the first few missions it just seems a bit more fluid in terms of gameplay.
If I were you I'd would probably go for Tiger 07 as that gives you the best FPS around, the 2 best driving games available and a relaxing sports title.

Thanks for the replys guys:smashin:

Going to read up on the games a bit more today/tomorrow and then decide.

Read some reviews and will probably go with pretty much what has been mentioned already.

1 other game that i'm thinking of is FEAR. Anyone got this, how do they rate it?

The current Tiger Woods is a great game, and a great antidote to all the driving and fps. Going by your likes, I would go with PGR3, GOW, TDU and TW07.

Read some reviews and will probably go with pretty much what has been mentioned already.

1 other game that i'm thinking of is FEAR. Anyone got this, how do they rate it?

FEAR is meant to be great (i'm getting it at Christmas, as there were too many good games to play at once) Read the FEAR thread, most people with it, love it. Single player meant to be great and the best AI of any enemy soldiers so never the same twice.

Definately get GOW and Tiger woods 07, ive got nearly 6 weeks play out of woods and still havent completed single player!

AS for your other choice the only driving game i would have at the mo is pgr3.

Aye

Golf games (assuming you like them anyway), invartiably offer a long period of gameplay.

Getting close to judgement day (probably Thursday - some new deals from Game due that day as well apparantly, will see how they stack up against GS) and I reckon it's going to be:

PGR3
TW 2007
GOW
FEAR

Alternatively

PGR3
TW 2007
GOW
TDU

Can't lose realy, if I don't like on i'll swap for another lol.

Aye

Golf games (assuming you like them anyway), invartiably offer a long period of gameplay.

Getting close to judgement day (probably Thursday - some new deals from Game due that day as well apparantly, will see how they stack up against GS) and I reckon it's going to be:

PGR3
TW 2007
GOW
FEAR

Alternatively

PGR3
TW 2007
GOW
TDU

Can't lose realy, if I don't like on i'll swap for another lol.

One thing that might sway you, is to bear in mind that FEAR is region free, meaning you can get it from Play Asia for £24. Therefore, you might be better off getting the package with TDU, and then ordering FEAR online seperately....

One thing that might sway you, is to bear in mind that FEAR is region free, meaning you can get it from Play Asia for £24. Therefore, you might be better off getting the package with TDU, and then ordering FEAR online seperately....

Noted:smashin:

Heard quite a lot about play asia.

Is is part of/a subsidery of play.com? I've had an account with play.com for years. Would I be able to use my existing account?

Also, any idea of a site/link that details all the Region free 360 games?

TIA

I would buy Rainbow 6 over FEAR. Looking at my friends list every night, the vast majority are playing Rainbow 6, and not a lot else (including GoW). PGR3, TW2007, GoW and R6 would be a great collection :). The other games can all be downloaded on demo...buy them if you like them, but try them first :)

Noted:smashin:

Heard quite a lot about play asia.

Is is part of/a subsidery of play.com? I've had an account with play.com for years. Would I be able to use my existing account?

Also, any idea of a site/link that details all the Region free 360 games?

TIA

I think they may be linked in some capacity (but not certain), however, you will need to set up an account with them. Even though they are in Asia, it's no different, or more difficult than setting up an online account over here.

Two links below, one for the homepage, and the 2nd for the region free listed games. To find it yourself, from the homepage select 360, then on the left there is an option for games by version. From there select Region free games. Job done!!

www.play-asia.com

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-49-en.html

The cheapest type to get (as they sell all regions) is the Asia, No region protection versions. They all have totally English manuals and in game text etc, plus they all play online over here without any issues whatsoever.

FEAR works out at about £25, Rainbow Six, which is awesome works out about £27. Bargains!!

Only thing to bear in mind is that a very small percentage of games they ship over here get hit with import duty. If you do, it will be £7. Most people never get hit though. Personally, i've had 3 games from them and only 1 got hit for duty. Many people have ordered a lot more than that, and never had to pay.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom