Question Choosing bluetooth headphones

Gallifreyan

Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a pair of headphones. I've never gone wireless before, but my Xperia XZ2 has no headphone jack. They did supply a USB -C dongle, but unless I'm motionless, it wiggles out of the socket. Really annoying when I walk down the street.

I currently have a pair of circa£40 Sony in ear which deliver for me. The choice as with everything is bewildering. I would use them primarily for listening to music on my phone, possibly films/tv but not often. At home I have a pair of over ear Panasonic RP HTF350 for my laptop.

My budget really is £150, never spent that much on headphones before. Noise canceling isn't a concern for me as I have managed all this time without it, and I probably wouldn't want to cocoon myself anyway.
I would like them to provide a decent, crisp clear sound level (not tinny) and not leak too much as I want to respect other peoples space, and hate experiencing that from others.

I have done some research and found a few pairs which could suit me. Sony CH700N, Sony WH-H900N, Sennheiser HD4.50, Sennheiser HD4.40, Bose SoundLink AE2.

Two other questions; Some come with apps featuring EQs. I do like to tweak audio specific to what I'm listening to. Am I stuck to playing music through the app or can I use the other music apps on my phone?
Does the volume rocker on the set correspond to the devices volume?

Many thanks (if you made it this far :D )

JayCee

Distinguished Member
To answer your last point, no, you don't need to use the apps, you can still use whatever music player and equaliser you currently use on your phone.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I believe the Sony “Headphones Connect” app for Sony Bluetooth headphones allows you to tailor the sound and adjust the equaliser globally so that you can use any music app.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom