1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choosing between the Kef KHT 2005 or the Mission FS2AV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tan1415, Jul 3, 2001.

1. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

A friend of mine asked me to help them with buying a receiver and speakers to setup his Homecinema set.
    Which is the better choice?
    The Kef seems to be more powerfull than the Missions. but I think the Mission is much easier to setup.
    According to the mission ads you can place the front speakers in the top corner of your rooms against the walls.(within reason of course) Is this true?
    I don't have the feeling that the kefs are that easy to place.

Anyway i'd appreciate it if you can give me the lowdowns on these speakersets.

2. ZZR

ZZR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Missions can be placed in the corners of the rooms right up agianst the wall. I've heard them a few times and they sound great, but i don't know anything of the KEF's.

3. Simon Newitt

Simon Newitt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard both the missions and the KEF speakers on the same day at the HIFI show in Bristol. For me the KEF's sounded considerably better than the missions, which I thought sounded a little flat (excuse the pun). I was highly impressed with all aspects of the KEF's apart from the looks. At the show the missions were in the corners of the room up near the ceiling so I guess there can't be any problems where they are positioned. The KEF's were positioned conventionally. Hope this is some help.

4. daveaphillips

daveaphillips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

In my personal opinion, the KEF package is the better of the two. But bear in mind the two packages are very different, ie. the FS2 package is more discrete and flexible in terms of hiding loudspeakers! If you judge by sound performance alone, the KEF package is much better, especially on music. A great deal of effort was put into this package with regards to Hi-Fi performance, and has of course the great 'UNI-Q' technology behind it.

Hope this has helped!

[ 13-07-2001: Message edited by: Spectre ]