Question Choosing between B6, C6 and E6 given recent price drops

Desmo46

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

This is my first post to the forum after spending several weeks reading a number of threads and posts.
I have really enjoyed the site reviews as well as listening in on what is a very well informed community and do hope to actively participate going forwards.

My first question to the OLED thread is with respect to purchasing my first OLED screen, the obvious choice being between the B6, C6 and E6.
I have read multiple reviews from various sites including this and Rtings.com and can overall come to no conclusion myself.

(First thing I should clarify is that as I currently live in Switzerland all prices are quoted in CHF)
These are the following best prices I can get for each screen;

55B6 1819
55C6 1899
55E6 2399

Based on the above, the C6 seems the obvious bargain due to the inclusion of 3D (I am less keen on the curved screen but it is quite subtle) however the E6 has recently been cut by 45% and I am keen to understand if the display tech and sound bar are worth the 400 CHF premium over the C6 (I do not yet have a home audio system, that is potentially on the cards in a few months).

I will spend most of the time gaming on PS4/PS4 Pro with some AppleTV, Netflix and regular TV so low lag and great HDR are the key features I believe.

I apologise for the lengthy first post, but would appreciate the feedback of anyone who has gone through a similar deliberation and/or comments on the features vs prices above.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Bonjour

Relatively easy.
C6 If you want absolute cheapest
E6. No brainer in your case and it will save you buying a soundbar for at least a year or forever. When you factor it in the price, thats a c6 plus soundbar...
The e6 is a beautiful TV at all levels.

Cheers

Hi Goldorak,

Thanks for your reply, I am interested given the Rtings review which ranks the panels similarly what do you see as being the killer difference between the C6 and E6; I've been under the impression that the quality is relatively similar no?

Hi Goldorak,

Thanks for your reply, I am interested given the Rtings review which ranks the panels similarly what do you see as being the killer difference between the C6 and E6; I've been under the impression that the quality is relatively similar no?

There was numerous pages of comparison between the two TVs. Suggest you have a look
Most people don't like the curve and prefer the on glass design of the e6. The soundbar is also a big plus like I explained

Are they the same, yes and know as subtle differences make a big impact. Look for c6 versus e6 thread if you wish...
However, I will make things easy for you. If you have the cash, the e6 is a No brainer. The saving on the soundbar alone justifies it.
Will the c6 be a mistake, not at all.

I went with the C6 since I have no interest in using a sound bar, and also like 3D.

The curve is ever so slight, and in our setting has no visible reflections unlike my flat plasma had.

Only you can choose what is more important to you.

I went with the C6 since I have no interest in using a sound bar, and also like 3D.

The curve is ever so slight, and in our setting has no visible reflections unlike my flat plasma had.

Only you can choose what is more important to you.
Happy with it?
The curve is ok ? You get used to it I guess ?

Happy with it?
The curve is ok ? You get used to it I guess ?
I really like it, but I do have it mounted on its stand. If it was wall mounted I wouldn't have gone for it.

When watching we barely notice it. Our sofa is about 3.5m away and 4m wide for its seating positions. No issue at all with it.

Have had a 55E6 now for about 2 months. Stunning display. I was sceptical about the sound bar too as I have a full 11.1 setup but it's actually useful for night time viewing when I don't want to wake the house. For a sound bar it's actually quite respectable sounding too. Clear dialogue and useful bass presence even at low volumes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom