Choosing between 2 laptops...

mattdanielc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Trying to choose a new laptop. I don't really want to pay over £500 but I want a laptop with 4gb ram (for the speed) so the best 2 I've found are:

Toshiba Notebook PSLT9E-019013EN - Debenhams Extra

Acer Notebook LX.PRK02.058 - Debenhams Extra

Does anyone have any views on which is better? The reviews for the Toshiba one mention games - and that's important for me because my partner likes to play Sims 3 and I'm a Total War fan so do you know if the laptops will be able to handle games like that?

Sorry for asking...just not an expert on the specs :)

They both have a lower end HD 4570 graphics card - the Acer has the better processor but is expensive at £500 - you can get this Lenovo with faster Core i3 cpu and similar G310M graphics card for £434:

Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 M37AFUK

- Simon.

They both have a lower end HD 4570 graphics card - the Acer has the better processor but is expensive at £500 - you can get this Lenovo with faster Core i3 cpu and similar G310M graphics card for £434:

Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 M37AFUK

- Simon.
Thanks mate - not heard of lenovo before....are they reliable??

I note the lenovo has just 2gb of ram rather than 4...does that mean it will run slower than the other 2?

Cheers

I note the lenovo has just 2gb of ram rather than 4...does that mean it will run slower than the other 2?

Cheers

Lenovo took over IBM's PC business a few years ago. 2GB should be more than sufficient - you can easily upgrade just by buying another memory stick.

Cheers

the lenovo is a good buy and if you really need 4GB in total, simply buy a stick off Crucial, who are dead cheap and offer a lifetime warranty on memory :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom