Choosing a watch for a man

Kara Win

Standard Member
How do I even start? I want to get my dad one for his birthday and have been looking around online but the ones I like might not necessarily be the kind he likes. I'm not sure whether he'd prefer a metal strap or a leather one. I want quite a classic looking one. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Demon Luci

Distinguished Member
Tastes in watches vary so much there's no correct answer. You'll have to sound him out and go with what he likes.

kav

Distinguished Member
Gent's watches is it? As in watches for men? Looks like if someone was searching for men's watches, they would watch this result climb up google rankings as men's watches get searched for. Then they might click on your link for men's watches because it's a link to men's watches. Many men wear watches, usually on their wrist, hence the common term "wristwatch". I prefer a pocket watch myself, a device which I read with the aid of a monocle, but sadly your link doesn't seem to sell pocket watches.

Last edited:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Gent's watches is it? As in watches for men? Looks like if someone was searching for men's watches, they would watch this result climb up google rankings as men's watches get searched for. Then they might click on your link for men's watches because it's a link to men's watches. Many men wear watches, usually on their wrist, hence the common term "wristwatch". I prefer a pocket watch myself, a device which I read with the aid of a monocle, but sadly your link doesn't seem to sell pocket watches.
huh

IL Cattivo

Bit of confusion indeed...

When I first read the OP I thought it may have been spam (As I believe Kav may also have subtly illustrated it as being by his response) The poster is fairly new and posted an external web link to a mens watch site, however I did take the opportunity to look at the users past 12 posts prior to this one and didn't really see anything within Kara Win's post history that would warrant me to class the user as a spammer.

IG has cleaned things up a bit though by the looks of it. :)

Last edited:

IronGiant

Moi? :) Since the link could be seen as being promotional, it was removed.

IronGiant

I did take the opportunity to look at the users past 12 posts prior to this one and didn't really see anything within Kara Win's post history that would warrant me to class the user as a spammer.
All the signs are there, if you know what you are looking for ;)

(Trade Secret :D)

IronGiant

It's only promotional links that aren't allowed :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom