1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

choosing a Multi-region Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SR1, Feb 19, 2002.

1. SR1

SR1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I need some advice here as i am trying to aquire a decent, reliable, true SELECTABLE MULTI-REGION DVD player here in the UK.

I have seen a few like the YELO 800 and the MANHATTEN 3000 but i was wondering if any well known makes such as Pioneer or Sony do out-of-the-box multi-region too?

If not, any recommendations would be good cos i need to be able to select region (for RCE) and play region 1 (and maybe at some point others).

A budget player would be good, like theones i named above, but i can stretch to other prices, so tell me of any good ones you guys know.

Any help would be greatly appretiated, thanks guys

SR1

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Most of the name brands need to modified as they are not multiregion out of the box.

If you´re looking at budget players, the best out there is the Toshiba SD210, its auto region select and will play RCE titles using the R1 disc swap trick, takes all of 30 seconds so no hardship, its also got cracking sound & picture quality.

Available at

www.richersounds.com

www.leconcepts.com

cheers