Choosing a DLP is HELL!!!

J

jroy

All,

I have been all over these forums, I have reviewed a bunch of reviews for DLP rear projection TV's. I am crazy with all the information and I cannot decide. What is the recommended 50" DLP TV that you from the forum would recommend?

I have narrowed it down to:

Mitsubishi 52525
Samsung HL-P5085W
Samsung SP50L7HX

Thanks,

Jerry

Mitsubishi isnt out in the UK are from the USA?

jroy I am guessing you are from the US based on the models you are mentioning and your posting time!!

These two Samsung HL-P5085W Samsung SP50L7HX are the same TVs (US and Europe Model Numbers) and seem to be very popular and perform well. There is some low level noise on the HDMI inputs of the SP50 but you would need to check a review on the 5085W as the US models seem to have more inputs (HDMI+DVI for example).

We don't get the Mitsubishi in Europe so you're unlikely to find any user opinions on this forum.

Alternatively try avsforum.com which is a US based site.

If you don't like the pedestal there's always the HL-P5067W which is a table top model. Also I believe the HLP's replaced the HLN's.

I'd recomend the Optoma RD50 with the HD2+ DMD if they have started selling it in the :us:
The model number would be different as the american RD50 only has the
HD2 DMD
The forums are a good source of information but in the end you have to make sure you get a good demo.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom