• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Choosing a 46"-47" LCD. (V5500|PL8404..)

xphunter

Standard Member
Hello,

I'm from Israel, and I found 4 LCD models that are recommended in my place.
Samsung B610
Sony V5500
Philips PL8404
Samsung LE46A856 (Didn't see that monitor)

The LCD is for the living room (4m view distance), mostly for SD content. In 2-3 years for HD.
All the models above was equal for me when I watch SD content, so I will probably go for the Sony because it has SCART [don't have HDMI device], 3 years warranty instead of 2, and built-in anthenna (Digital tuner).

I saw that there are two models of the V5500:KDL-46V5500E and KDL-46V5500. One has resolution of 1920X1080, the other 1980X1080.

1.Are there actually 2 models of the V5500 46"? What "E" refers to?
2.What do you think about the Sony in compare to the others?
3.All those models coast around 9K NIS which is 2,412$. I'm sure this is a lot of money (nothing I can do about it), but at list those models are considered new?

Thanks

Last edited:

discover

never heard of the philips model so unfortunately can't comment on that.
the sony V5500 are exactly the same as far as i'm aware, the letters denote the region ie.. E - Europe etc.
"maybe", the non-european model may have a few more picture adjustable settings ie, gamma/greyscale control etc.
personally i would go for the sammy A856, i saw this on display and it looked stunning. picture had a real punch to it and blacks looked black not grey though colours looked a little vivid.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom