Choosing a 37-40" TV. Is the Sharp LC37D65E any good?

dcfarrant

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a 37 - 40" TV in the near future. I'll be using the TV mainly for watching SD television through Sky+ and a bit of PC use. Ultimately looking to get a PS3 in about 6 months time. As a result I'm looking for an LCD and ideally I'd like it to be full HD but I'm not overly concerned about the resolution.

I've seen the Sharp LC37D65E for £499 with a 5 year warranty but there doesn't seem to be much information around about it. Does anyone know if it's any good?

Other sets I've been looking at, but are a bit dearer are:

Sony 40v4000 - Favourable reviews, but HDTV Test says it's SD performance isn't great
Panasonic 37LZD80 - Bit pricey, SD performance is meant to be okay, some issues with lack of customisable settings

I think all these sets don't have 100hz but I wont be watching a lot of football or sport so I'm hoping that wont be too bad.

My budget is around £650 but I'd like to spend a little less if I can.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks advance. :smashin:

Stuteman

Standard Member
I've seen the Sharp LC37D65E for £499 with a 5 year warranty but there doesn't seem to be much information around about it. Does anyone know if it's any good?
It has just been released so no reviews as yet. (That I have seen) Some say Sharps can have "banding" problems but again not much recent info on this. I have a 32" Sharp and the picture quality is brilliant.

Where have you seen it for £499? Best price I have seen is mid 5's.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcfarrant

Standard Member
Ah! I should've mentioned that the £499 price is through some kind of affinity scheme at work. It's a really good deal with the 5year warranty - a potential £150 saving on the Panny, but if I'm gonna spend £500 I may as well stretch for a decent set. I've seen a few positive short customer reviews about the X20E on the net, but nothing about the D65 yet. I guess I'll just have to see how rich (or poor) I feel nearer the January sales.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom