Choosing a 36 inch (or Bigger) TV

FlyingBig

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need help, ive had two 36 inch widescreen Tvs in the last month both being returned for various reasons which i will go into.

First set was a Toshiba 36ZP38B, amazing set if it wasn't for the faint vertical line running down the middle of the screen. Shame because this TV done everything i wanted perfect which i couldn't say for my next Tv.

SONY KV36HQ100 has to be the worst tv i have ever owned so where do i start? First the Digital motion 100htz feature on the set is nothing sort of a disgrace with any fast motion resulting in the picture breaking up (pixelating). Fair enough i could switch to Pixel Plus 100htz which is generally fine although not really that smooth and theres something about the motion as well that i can't put my finger on but it looks strange to me. Second and worst of all is my Pioneer dvd player being incompatiable in terms of the sound lagging behind the picture resulting in the sound being out of sync. You could blame the dvd (which has surround sound built in) but when the same thing happens with a pair of headphones you have to seriously ask questions!

So that leaves me with my old Sony 29 inch Square tv which i fixed having dropped it a month and although it is working fine i have stumbled across some wavy lines that seem to be some sort of interference of some sort and only happen when im watching NTSC images through my dvd player (works fine on another tv) although strangely enough watching ntsc images through Pc to TV images do not suffer from these wavy lines.

So i need help, i have cash and all i need to do is find the right tv set. Where do i begin?

don't want to go too far over £2000 purely because buying any TV is a risk. If i could find a TV that done everything i want pretty much perfect then money won't be an issue. Its that risk factor that puts me off spending too much money, thats why plasma tvs are out of the question.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom