Choose a movie.. switch the actor!

Pincho Paxton

Ex Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about parts in movies that could have been played by different actors. Some of these parts could have changed their regard in the movie industry completely. Some actors have even turned down great parts in movies, we can discuss these as well.

One actress I was thinking about was Sandra Bullock. She took on many poor roles in films after Speed. I'm not saying that she is a great actress, but I am saying that her eye candy appeal could have got her some great roles.

Imagine her in Eternal Sunshine for example, that would have been pretty good.

How about Jim Carrey in Evil Dead Trilogy.

Or Matt LeBlanc as Chief Tyrol in Battlestar Galactica.

Sandra Bullock...."her eye candy appeal "

We must be wearing different glasses.:devil:

Danny Devito as the Terminator.... :D

In the extras of Rocky it says how the film studio wanted Burt Reynolds to play the lead.

Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton
Or Matt LeBlanc as Chief Tyrol in Battlestar Galactica.

Terrible idea

Well I liked Matt LeBlanc in Lost In Space, and I feel that he never gets many parts in movies. He's quite a good character. There must be some parts that he can play.

Eliza Dushku and Sarah Michelle Gellar in Bound, the scene from Buffy we never got to see...

This is easy one. Jessica Alba in Debbie Does Dallas.

lol not quite, but O J Simpson was apparently first choice for the role until he turned it down!!!

Lance Henrikson was actually the first person to be seen as the Terminator. He was Camerons first choice. O J was later but it was decided he wasn't suitable as he didn't look like a killer. Then Arnie was offered to role of Reese but then got changed to the Terminator.

replace john travolta in hairspray with lilly savage. :thumbsup:

Richard Kiel as Jaws (& I don't mean the Bond Villian)

After watching Pushing Daisies recently, Anna Friel is absolutely made to be Lois Lane in a Superman movie...

Lance Henrikson was actually the first person to be seen as the Terminator. He was Camerons first choice. O J was later but it was decided he wasn't suitable as he didn't look like a killer. Then Arnie was offered to role of Reese but then got changed to the Terminator.

Correct!:smashin:

... the irony of that! :rotfl:

I didn't think of that... :D

HA ha yeah nice one, kinda looks like he was guilty all along.

Erm, swap actors huh erm

Eric Stoltz for Michael J Fox in BTTF?

Ooops someone already though of that!

Liam Neeson instead of Richard Gere in The Jackal!

Liam

Chuck Norris as Neo :rotfl:

I seem to remember reading that Will Smith passed on The Matrix. He would have been a much better Neo. A messianic figure with some actual charisma.

I seem to remember reading that Will Smith passed on The Matrix. He would have been a much better Neo. A messianic figure with some actual charisma.

correct:smashin:

A couple of ones were the actor turned the role down, and sure they regretted it:

Charles Bronson – Man with No Name - Fistfull of Dollars
Christopher Walken – Han Solo – Star Wars
Tom Selleck – Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark

I am sure there are loads but these are off the top of my head.

almost anything with Nicholas Cage, he always seems to be somewhat miscast to me. Would love to have seen Arnie in Con-air for example 'put the Bunny down....or i'll be back' :D

Jake gyllenhaal instead of Tobey Maguire for Spiderman!

Old news I know, but the actors in Brokeback Mountain were just all wrong.

It should've been like this:

brokeback25lt.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom