• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Choose a 32 incher for me - Samsung LE32A559P vs. Toshiba 32CV505DB

CptFoolage

Standard Member
Made a mistake in title, it is actually the Toshiba 32XV505DB

Hi, as you may be able to tell by my HUGE post count, I am new to AVForums, I've been a long time reader, and only now, in my 'time of need' have I decided to finally take the plunge and post.

Basically, I'm in the market for a new TV, it's sole purpose for Wii, PS2, 360, [and maybe] PS3 gaming. I want a great, eccentric picture, read: great contrast ratio, as less jaggies as possible, good compatibility with SD signals [for the wii and ps2] and uh, that's about it....

Now according to reviews, the following two tv's keep creeping up...

The Samsung LE32A559P

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE3...eeview/dp/B0015C58RW/ref=cm_lmf_tit_3_rdsssl0

and

The Toshiba 32XV505DB 'Rezga'

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...descreen-LCD-TV/Product.html?searchtype=genre

The samsung is 1080p but with only 15,000:1 contrast, whilst the toshiba is 1080p with 30,000 to 1. I am swaying towards the rezga, and long story short, since they are both in the same price range, i'd like to know what you'd recommend for my gaming needs. Feel free to choose another, I'd appreciate it if you kept it in the price range, too, though! [If theres anything cheaper that's actually a better tv, then that'd be a great help, too!]

EDIT: I know it seems a stupid question since the rezga has double the contrast and is cheaper, but is there a catch or should I go for the rezga?

Cheers, hope to hear from you guys soon :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DavePee

Standard Member
I'm no expert, but from the little research I've done myself, I'd say you've picked the two best 32" LCD TVs at that price range. Both are decent and all the reviews suggest you'd be happy whichever you choose.

Personally, I'd go for the Toshiba: slightly cheaper, highr contrast ratio, it looks great, and I've never had a problem with Toshiba TVs I've owned in the past.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom