Choking on my own rage after waching this video about benefits

hamd01

Just watched this;

BBC News - Newsnight - The family who live entirely on state benefits
I'm totally sick of hearing people wo don't work complain abut the fact that if they dont work they are better off than working. This family in the video are complaining, yet neither of them work and thy are bringing in around £2,400 per month. On top of this lets not forget free dentists, free perscriptions, free school meals etc etc etc.

Well my point is that the bloomin benefits are too damn high if people not working are getting this much money. Half of these people seem to think they have a god given right to the same standard of living as someone who does work....I'm sorry, they dont (or shouldnt) have that entitlement.

It seem people who don't work are getting money for this and money for that to support them, then on top of that they get all the services for free which I have to pay for. How many tax payers on an average wage does it take to pay for people getting £2,400 per month!!!

And to all those who don't work but say they would like to be in work. Why can't the government just make jobs for them and instead of giving them benefits...call it a "wage"...now there's an idea which Nick and David don't seem to have had. There are lots of overgrown fields, littered streets, shoddy public buildings and elderly in need of help...so why not put these unemployed to good use and get them using their 'skills' instead of giving them handouts.

I am seriously considering is being a PAYE worker is the right thing to do....maybe I should just go self employed and work the system like half society seems to be doing....either that or emigrate! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't get me wrong....there are needy in our society, and Britain is great because we help people like that....but anyone who could work should be working...full stop.

hamd01

Prasius

Novice Member
The most helpful advice I can give that lot, is stop bloody breeding......

Ugh - they get as much money as I clear each month, what I consider a decent salary, for doing absolutely sod all...... and they're bleating that they're in poverty...

:mad:

Pinko

Banned
Indeed, I'd happily pay to have these people and millions like them sterilised so they can't infect the gene pool with more of their kind.

IronGiant

I'm not sure why anyone is choking on their own rage after seeing this. We all know it happens, why the surprise?

Last edited:

Prasius

Novice Member
That's a really sick thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Okay - how about compulsory contraceptive implants and injections for all benefit claimants?

Meet in the middle.. it's the new way isn't it? ;)

Badger0-0

£308 a week in tax credits?

That doesn't sound right to me :confused:

If this was the Mail, I'd totally ignore it, but it's the Beeb.

My instincts are to agree with normal wisdom, in that any society is judged by how it treats the worst off.
But that seems ridiculous, if true.

I'm a skilled man and I have to work 7 days a week to bring £600 in.

That said, I'm very suspicious about this, because they didn't strike me as doing particularly well.
There was no fat plasma, for a start :D

And the bloke didn't strike me as an idle get either (army, telecoms and factories remember).
Although the mention of £2k spent on kids xmas presents wound me up somewhat.

I really don't think that's typical, but the young kids being bone idle and out of work rang a bell.
Especially when the drugs part was mentioned.
I'd guess drug dealing is one of the country's biggest industries :(

Why can't the government just make jobs for them and instead of giving them benefits...call it a "wage"
That's exactly what has been happening and is why the public sector is supposedly overmanned/overpaid.
This will stop under the tories, who will try to move this group of people to do crap, low paid jobs.

It depends how you look at it I guess, but making people do rubbish jobs is counter-productive imo.
It didn't work in the 80's and has even less chance of working now.

It's good for employers though.

kevshed

Well - dangerous thread this one.... but im sure the vast majority of people would agree. Personally, i find it disgusting, and its one of many reasons why our country is on the verge of bankruptcy, and society in such a crappy place.

Trouble is, precedent is set, its been allowed to spiral out of control. I think the current government is going to try to pull it in - but you have to feel for any of the public sector workers who has to enforce these policies.

Who here, wants to be the poor sod, that may have to go to that family and tell them their benefits are being cut...

I'm with the OP, its a total disgrace - however, backtracking from it is nigh on impossible without causing massive civil unrest.

There will be riots with knockoff Burberry handbags at bus stops all over the country... :)

If we stopped giving claimants more money for having more kids, with house upgrades when they run out of rooms.. the situation would soon change. Meantime, my poor old dad, who has worked all his life, is now struggling with no support from the government after contributing taxes and NI for 50 years.... disgrace. Governments should be ashamed.

:suicide:

RMCF

Distinguished Member
A lot of the benefits that the unemployed get make me sick, but I can appreciate that some are needed. Its the long term unemployed who have zero interest in working that really bug me.

In NI here we have a massive number of people on DLA. People are getting cars and assistance to get around when many have nothing much wrong with them. But I blame the Gov for making it all too easy. They know people are playing the system, but its time to clamp down. With the debt the country is in, maybe the Gov and the authorities will get tough on them.

Finally, there is another benefit that the unemployed/single mums get that really bugs me. It seems to be that the tax payers get nothing much, and this story illustrates it perfectly.

I know of 2 separate example of this btw, and both are 100% true.

My friends have 2nd and 3rd children that they want to get into a playschool. It is the same playschool their other childrn went to approx 6 years and 8yrs ago.Back then there was no problem getting them in. Now when they applied they were basically told "you will have to wait to see if we have any places left for your child after we allocate to the disadvantaged". When this was queried the person who runs the playschool said that the single mums got 1st choice of places, followed by the unemployed. Only then are those places left (if any at all) offered to the hard working tax paying members of the public.

What sort of country have we created. In the end, the 2 friends of mine got their children in, but not in the playschool of their choice, and ones which involved more driving through rush hour traffic.

Disgrace.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
I agree that some of these people should be sterilised or licensed and means tested before having a child.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
It makes you think who's laughing at who, you for working 37.5+ hours per week plus commuting stress etc or them for sitting around spending time with there family.

I'd like the BBC to do a story on the 7 Asian's living in a 6 bedroom detached house claiming just under 5k a month near me or the Eastern European workers 10 to a house claiming benefits and sending it all home - but that would be racist wouldn't it...

Don't blame the government for this blame the liberals and all the do goody groups.. The country is a joke but hey we have the world cup!

It happens move on no points stressing about it, it's never going to go away.

BB

steviedog

Banned
I agree that some of these people should be sterilised or licensed and means tested before having a child.
What would you do if you lived in a poor area with very little jobs, you've been trying to find a job for years but there’s nothing so you stay on benefits while you look for a job. A man turns up at your door and says I've got to take away your right to have children.

If the Government of this country spent more money here rather than spending billions on 2 wars which were not needed, robbing the public blind with expenses and driving around in Jags, there would be more jobs available.

I'm not saying I agree with benefit fraud, but do you honestly think children grow up thinking I want to live on the dole when I grow up? They adapt to the situation they are in, and Government has to play a part in changing that.

If your only answer to the rising number of people living in poverty is to sterilise them, then you need to take a long hard look at yourself. Your either not smart enough to think of a way around it, or too ignorant to care.

Pinko

Banned
What would you do if you lived in a poor area with very little jobs, you've been trying to find a job for years but there's nothing so you stay on benefits while you look for a job. A man turns up at your door and says I've got to take away your right to have children.

If the Government of this country spent more money here rather than spending billions on 2 wars which were not needed, robbing the public blind with expenses and driving around in Jags, there would be more jobs available.

I'm not saying I agree with benefit fraud, but do you honestly think children grow up thinking I want to live on the dole when I grow up? They adapt to the situation they are in, and Government has to play a part in changing that.

If your only answer to the rising number of people living in poverty is to sterilise them, then you need to take a long hard look at yourself. Your either not smart enough to think of a way around it, or too ignorant to care.
Sadly yes, children grow up in a workless home and they see it as 'normal'. It's not their fault, but if you think that there are about 8 million unemployed (yes there are not the 2.5 million we are led to believe), then lets say each family has 4 kids each. 4 million couples = 16million children growing up in a workless home, if those figure don't make you shudder then you are not smart enough to think of a way around it, or too ignorant to care

steviedog

Banned
Sadly yes, children grow up in a workless home and they see it as 'normal'. It's not their fault, but if you think that there are about 8 million unemployed (yes there are not the 2.5 million we are led to believe), then lets say each family has 4 kids each. 4 million couples = 16million children growing up in a workless home, if those figure don't make you shudder then you are not smart enough to think of a way around it, or too ignorant to care
If you’re going to copy what I've said at least try and make sense.

Those figures do make me shudder, but what makes me shudder even more is the ridiculous suggestion of sterilising a proportion of the population.

Badger0-0

What would you do if you lived in a poor area with very little jobs, you've been trying to find a job for years but there’s nothing so you stay on benefits while you look for a job. A man turns up at your door and says I've got to take away your right to have children.

Spot on mate :smashin:

Coming from Birmingham, where our workbase was massacred in the 80's (probably a 100,000 jobs in a mile radius from me :eek:) but now having moved into other things (where I'm doing reasonably ok) I've seen both sides.

It's easy for people to say things when it has never really affected them to the same extent.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
My Cousin did not want to work so she got pregnant and received a free council house...she moaned that the colour of the carpet did not match her stuff so they came round and gave her a new carpet. The reason that she got pregnant and had a baby was so she did not have to get a job, it was her sole reason for deliberately getting pregnant. She isn't committing benefit fraud either by doing what she did but now she earns a decent wage for doing nothing but Having a child. I don't think she is alone...

Personally I'd have taken the kid off her and given it to a couple unable to have children of their own but with the means to support one and told her to get a job and try again later when she could afford a baby.

There are too many people who find themselves out of work but wanting to work and who deserve help to find a direction that it is an insult that they have to be grouped in with sub-human brain dead trash when it comes to the benefit system, it is not fair that they are tarred with the same brush because they probably take the sensible decision not to have kids as they do not have enough money.

I'm sick of people feeling sorry and making excuses for the type of ****less idiots who have never worked and who have no intention of working and who's first idea when wanting more money and a bigger house is to have another child. Those who want and need the help should receive it, those who are just born lazy and on the make can be rounded up and sent off for medical research or something equally useful as far as I'm concerned and their children can be taken off them and adopted by normal people.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Please print that out & put it in her childs 18th birthday card, she will need to know how & why she was brought into the world

Prasius

Novice Member
I have plenty of sympathy for families who find themselves in a difficult position through no fault of their own.

I have NO sympathy for families who find themselves in a difficult position and then KEEP BREEDING. What sort of irresponsible moron would keep having children when already in financial difficulties? Idiots. No other word for them.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Please print that out & put it in her childs 18th birthday card, she will need to know how & why she was brought into the world
Given where she lives and the people she'll be brought up among it is likely she'll have her own kids and council house by the time she's 18.

Idiots. No other word for them.
Are you sure about that?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett