ChoicesUK.com - Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkilledNutter

No worries here, it is looking to go into administration so current orders will be fullfilled. It will liquidate its high street chain and stock and remain an internet only retailer.

xavk

Having seen the news earlier this week, I popped into my local one today. They are having a half price or better sale and I got quite a few decent prices. West Wing S6 for £12 and a bunch of foreign ones for around a fiver. Will keep checking as hopefully when they finally shut they almost give the stock away

krish

Distinguished Member
that is a shame, their prices where dirt cheap for DVDs. Plenty of £2.99 DVDs for Sale, better than their rental prices! :D
Not on the high street ... that's why Choices are in trouble ... and the internet business should survive
ChoicesUK.com have just gone into administration.
If you had any orders pending, have a look at them now!
No big deal, since they only charge upon shipping ... and, as I said above, the internet business should survive

High street shops pay ridiculous rents, and all high street entertainment media chains face crushing competition from online retailers and illegal downloading, so they are dead or dying! Is a shame for the employees, and a shame that the likes of Tesco and Asda will do very well out of it; but not really a shame for the consumer, since these entertainment chains have on the whole had rip off prices in store.

Steven

Senior Moderator
But don't the big 4 supermarkets use CDs and DVDs as loss leaders to entice customers?

I hope the online business survives. Like HMV, online business is fantastic. High street is a joke though

crazyloon

Standard Member
hmmm they dont charge your card until the item is despatched so chances are you wont get left in lurch if the online side go'es into liquidation plus even if you do , your card provider will probably refund you anyways:confused: . Hope they do survive online in some way though :smashin:

krish

Distinguished Member
But don't the big 4 supermarkets use CDs and DVDs as loss leaders to entice customers?

I hope the online business survives. Like HMV, online business is fantastic. High street is a joke though
Could be right about the loss leaders

HMV is run by muppets, huge huge losses because of their high street stores, but such a brilliant online business ... has to be the best at turnaround times from order to delivery. But its a joke that they are trying to sell digital downloads in store ... doesn't that defeat the point of downloads? Then there are their print adverts for their sales and promotions, which display the rip-off in store prices whilst also displaying HMV.co.uk where the same items are significantly cheaper! Madness :eek: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom